Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

clare33 wrote: »
    no i havent done any prep courese yet i not sure if i will i think been your self is the bast prep coures you can do

Have done one myself a home study one.Just want to be on top of my game for the aptitude tests, what grade you get there is going to be some important this time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 clare33

halfback5 wrote: »
    Have done one myself a home study one.Just want to be on top of my game for the aptitude tests, what grade you get there is going to be some important this time around
    ya thats very true, there is going to be some amount of people applying this time its going to be so hard to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

ya thats very true, there is going to be some amount of people applying this time its going to be so hard to get in

dont I know :confused: thats why its vital to do as well as possible in the attitude tests. what grade you get there decides when if it you'll be called for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Within first two weeks of advertising tha there would be a new Garda campaign and looking for expressions of interest there were 20,000 emails to Public Jobs, now thats interest....!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

interest or a sign of the times as in big time recession on this island..:cool:..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Barnett17

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows much about the medical for the Garda Reserves?
    I have completed all my interviews back in July. Rang the HQ a couple of days ago and he told me my BR form is still processing and once it was gone through it would be sent to the Commissioner for acceptance then I would be called for medical. I know its more than likely a long way off yet, but the medical is starting to worry me?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

some br forms can take a long time to be cleared (up to 2 years i heard in extreme cases), depends on different things, relatives abroad, spouses relations etc. the more info on the form the more work they have to do and the longer it takes to be cleared.
    took 5 months for my br to be cleared and ive a medical next week.
    so you'll just have to sit tight and wait another while i'd say. best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Barnett17 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone knows much about the medical for the Garda Reserves?
    I have completed all my interviews back in July. Rang the HQ a couple of days ago and he told me my BR form is still processing and once it was gone through it would be sent to the Commissioner for acceptance then I would be called for medical. I know its more than likely a long way off yet, but the medical is starting to worry me?:p

how long has it taken you to get a medical date from your interview date I got in touch with them the other day they said my file is in there since september 2009 and still been processed.

dont I know :confused: thats why its vital to do as well as possible in the attitude tests. what grade you get there decides when if it you'll be called for the interview

Whats an attitude test??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

same boat just waiting for the magic email off public jobs saying to book my test. Have you done any prep courses?
    no i havent done any prep courese yet i not sure if i will i think been your self is the bast prep coures you can do
    Spartan09 wrote: »
    Within first two weeks of advertising tha there would be a new Garda campaign and looking for expressions of interest there were 20,000 emails to Public Jobs, now thats interest....!!!
    Whats an attitude test??

These are all relating to full-time recruitment and are in no way relating to the Garda Reserve application. No more of this will be allowed in the Garda Reserve Forum or I will issue warnings or infractions if necessary. Thanks.

• Advertisement

how long has it taken you to get a medical date from your interview date I got in touch with them the other day they said my file is in there since september 2009 and still been processed.

I haven't been called for my medical yet, I'll be waiting another while i'd say but whats worrying me is how hard the medical stage actually is? Will factors such as being quiet small in weight make a difference? Anyone taken the medical yet?

I haven't been called for my medical yet, I'll be waiting another while i'd say but whats worrying me is how hard the medical stage actually is? Will factors such as being quiet small in weight make a difference? Anyone taken the medical yet?

Ah no way that wouldn't even be factor in the medical thats nothing to worry about the medical stage is blood tests, some factors of fitness etc ha...How long have you been waiting for a medical date??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

eru123 wrote: »
    some br forms can take a long time to be cleared (up to 2 years i heard in extreme cases), depends on different things, relatives abroad, spouses relations etc. the more info on the form the more work they have to do and the longer it takes to be cleared.
    took 5 months for my br to be cleared and ive a medical next week.
    so you'll just have to sit tight and wait another while i'd say. best of luck.

Hi eru123,

That wasnt a very long wait for you BR to be processed, did you have many relations in Ireland / Abroad if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks,

Tommy-Kerry

Ah no way that wouldn't even be factor in the medical thats nothing to worry about the medical stage is blood tests, some factors of fitness etc ha...How long have you been waiting for a medical date??

Oh thats a relief i thought it might go against me especially since im female, I must start working out or something though!
    I had my last interview in July and it has been all sent away now so waiting for the BR to go through, and for my file to be sent to the Commissioner before I get a call for medical!! I'll be waiting a while by the looks of it. Which stage are you at yourself?

Oh thats a relief i thought it might go against me especially since im female, I must start working out or something though!
    I had my last interview in July and it has been all sent away now so waiting for the BR to go through, and for my file to be sent to the Commissioner before I get a call for medical!! I'll be waiting a while by the looks of it. Which stage are you at yourself?

I am at the stage were im about to crack because i done my interview in march 2009 and passed and still awaiting to comissioners approval for me to get my medical date.
    Yeah you won't be required to run miles and that they train you into doing that its only mainly blood test that they check and illness that can effect your duties and so on.
    You'll probablly get a call before me ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

Hi eru123,

That wasnt a very long wait for you BR to be processed, did you have many relations in Ireland / Abroad if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks,

Tommy-Kerry

Hi Tommy-Kerry,
    Ya it was pretty quick. No i had no relatives abroad listed on my form. I had about 10 relatives living in Ireland listed. And my family also.
    What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

The only thing I would say about being small in weight is if you get in and when you go down to do the physical training and baton training, be sure to get stuck in, if you're small in stature / weight then you have to be twice as physical / determined during the training, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

february 2010 applied to GR.
    april 2010 interview and exam.
    may 2010 received e-mail confirming my acceptence(i sent away my BR form 2 weeks later).
    september 2010 meeting with Super-All went good:)
    Can anybody tell me is there a way to track my BR Checking?? I have seen maybe 2 or 3 posts already in this forum regarding this aswel but none have been answered to!Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

lippy88 wrote: »
    february 2010 applied to GR.
    april 2010 interview and exam.
    may 2010 received e-mail confirming my acceptence(i sent away my BR form 2 weeks later).
    september 2010 meeting with Super-All went good:)
    Can anybody tell me is there a way to track my BR Checking?? I have seen maybe 2 or 3 posts already in this forum regarding this aswel but none have been answered to!Thanks

Hello lippy88 :)

There is no formal way to track your BR form, however you can contact the Grada Reserve Office but to my understanding its best just to sit tight because as soon as The Garda Reserve Office have any information on your BR Form Clerance/Medical Test they will be in contact with you straight away so in my opinion its best just to leave it and try to forget about it as unfortunatly some BR checks can take anything from weeks to more than 2 years (There is no definate timeline, therefore it can take any amount of time but to my understanding if you have relatives abroad it may take longer)

<mod edit>: Please feel free to let the forum know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Tommy-Kerry. :cool::D

Is there anyone else here thats awaiting medical dates since 2009

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 GRHopefull

Hi Lippy88

About the BR checks..... don't think there is any real way of tracking them.

I spoke with Local Inspector after my interview and was advised they too have no idea how long it will take... appears you have to sit tight and wait your call for medical.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

I cannot seem to figure out how to register for the GR i'am already registerd on publicjobs.ie , but there is no registration button when i'm logged in, like it says in the description.

"If you are interested in applying for this voluntary position please click on 'Registration' above and register. The Garda Reserve Unit of this office will contact you in due course."

HELP

3fullback wrote: »
    I cannot seem to figure out how to register for the GR i'am already registerd on publicjobs.ie , but there is no registration button when i'm logged in, like it says in the description.

"If you are interested in applying for this voluntary position please click on 'Registration' above and register. The Garda Reserve Unit of this office will contact you in due course."

HELP

Have you an alert set up for Reserve Garda under Security/Emergency Services (Garda-other)?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Have you an alert set up for Reserve Garda under Security/Emergency Services (Garda-other)?

yes turned on the alert this mornming ?

yes turned on the alert this mornming ?

I'm confused over your '?' question mark!

Are you questioning whether you have an alert set up :confused:. It states it clearly under "My Job-Alerts" if you're unsure.

I'm confused over your '?' question mark!

Are you questioning whether you have an alert set up :confused:. It states it clearly under "My Job-Alerts" if you're unsure.

I do have the alert set up, i'm questioning, how do i register for the GR ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

I do have the alert set up, i'm questioning, how do i register for the GR ?:confused:

They will contact you (usually a phone all). At least thats what happened with me. It might do no harm just to phone up publicjobs.ie and chat to someone. I found them very helpful. It might hurry things along to gt you an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

hi all, been a log time since I was on here! :eek: I did the GR medical in January last, but failed it. now luckily for me some thing was picked up that, well, might have just saved my life. anyway I am pretty much sorted and have reapplied. only thing is I started the application on public jobs last April, and have heard notting since. rang public jobs, and all they say is I'm registered and will be contacted in good time. anyone else failed the medical and reapplied, how long did you wait ect!

DK47 wrote: »
    hi all, been a log time since I was on here! :eek: I did the GR medical in January last, but failed it. now luckily for me some thing was picked up that, well, might have just saved my life. anyway I am pretty much sorted and have reapplied. only thing is I started the application on public jobs last April, and have heard notting since. rang public jobs, and all they say is I'm registered and will be contacted in good time. anyone else failed the medical and reapplied, how long did you wait ect!

Hi DK47,

hope everything is good now with you and theres a few on here that are awaiting medicals since 2009 like myself theres also a few that have been waiting very little time and could be in the november intake so its fairly mixed.

• Advertisement

eru123 wrote: »
    haha that'll have to be done alright!!:D
    ya im a happy camper at the minute. haha hopefully, gotta get a date for templemore first though!

When are you due to get the date for.
    Some people are saying there is a good pub across the road from there but i wouldn't drink there the night of you training grad day!

Advertisement