Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scott 123

Can any one tell me i was told that my application for the reserve is in the commissioners office waiting approval.I thought i would have to do the medical first before it went to head office

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

scott 123 wrote: »
    Can any one tell me i was told that my application for the reserve is in the commissioners office waiting approval.I thought i would have to do the medical first before it went to head office

who would have informed you of this I wonder i.e. that your application is where you say here it is?

You have to accepted before u get seen too by the practioner after ur checks are completed for example if the check then turns out u cant be accepted for some unforseen reason it would have been a waste of the medics time seen u then it would mess up the system they have. WORST CASE SCENARIO NOT BEEN A BUZZ KILLER YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT

Formal warning Sgt. Bilko. You are around here long enough now to be familiar with the forum charter especially in relation to txtspk.
    Back on topic now,
    Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Have a thought today for the Garda who died following an act of kindness while off-duty.

I remember when word came through to me lastnight about this & thinking :eek:

I said it lastnight and I will say it time and time again, Garda Jones is just pure inspirational character. MY deepest sympathies to his family, friends and colleagues :(

Sadly, not the only life lost during the flooding that started on the 24th October.

Thanks again to CharlieCroker for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Ruairi88

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I remember when word came through to me lastnight about this & thinking :eek:

I said it lastnight and I will say it time and time again, Garda Jones is just pure inspirational character. MY deepest sympathies to his family, friends and colleagues :(

Sadly, not the only life lost during the flooding that started on the 24th October.

Thanks again to CharlieCroker for this.

Absolutely Kerry! Reiterates what the force have been saying since it's foundation "Gardai sometimes go beyond the call off duty" This Hero wasn't even on duty, spots immediate danger to the public and intervenes and pays the ultimate price for his bravery. I think it's fair to say that everyone here on Boards wishes the Jone's family sincere sympathies and may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Has the information of the commisioners report on the reserve been released yet? anyone know.

I checked kildare street but nothing is on that maybe it could be else where

Has the information of the commisioners report on the reserve been released yet? anyone know.

I checked kildare street but nothing is on that maybe it could be else where

Remind me, are you an attested reserve?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rob6052

Anybody here know when the intakes into templemore for 2012 are ? ?I'm doing my medical start of December . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

I did my medical in Jully. Was told id start in sept, which was put back to oct..Iv been told either dec or jan. so be prepared to wait..sorry I cant say anything more hopeful than that. But If you learn anything out of this entire process....Its patients :pac:

• Advertisement

I did my medical in Jully. Was told id start in sept, which was put back to oct..Iv been told either dec or jan. so be prepared to wait..sorry I cant say anything more hopeful than that. But If you learn anything out of this entire process....Its patients :pac:

Thanks for the info , Ye this whole process is patience :( well at least you have the medical over and done with , I just want to get in before they make anymore budget cuts .!! Are you in the December intake ? What date is that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

Im in the "provisional" december intake,,, I was told over the phone but no email or letter just yet...If I can say anything and I would say all the lads that have got to training would agree..Keep off the drink and MP3 player before the medical. If your fit it would be a problem because you should tick all the boxes in terms of BMI, Lung test BP. but that listening test is hard.

Im in the "provisional" december intake,,, I was told over the phone but no email or letter just yet...If I can say anything and I would say all the lads that have got to training would agree..Keep off the drink and MP3 player before the medical. If your fit it would be a problem because you should tick all the boxes in terms of BMI, Lung test BP. but that listening test is hard.

Ye I'm staying off the drink for next few weeks :) I should be Ok for the hearing test I have a pilots licence and the hearing test for that is exactly the same as far as I know. Thanks for the advice appreciate it . Best of luck to you with dec intake ..hope you get it.

Remind me, are you an attested reserve?
    What has that got to do with what i asked?

What has that got to do with what i asked?

Nothing - I just asked were you an attested reserve! And....

It has come up several times about the strength in numbers for Garda Reserves:

This answers it, and includes the breakdown in each division.

Simon Harris (Wicklow, Fine Gael)
    Question 374: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the current number of individuals in the Garda Reserve; the geographical locations, by county, of members of the Garda Reserve; his view on the role of the Garda Reserve; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32866/11]

Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)
    I have been informed by the Garda Commissioner that the personnel strength of the Garda Reserve on 30 September, 2011, the latest date for which figures are readily available, was 816. Members of An Garda Síochána are assigned on a Divisional basis and not on a county basis. The personnel strength of the Garda Reserve by Division is as set out in the table hereunder:
    Division Strength
    DMR South Central 48
    DMR North Central 32
    DMR North 74
    DMR East 17
    DMR South 41
    DMR West 49
    Waterford 27
    Wexford 24
    Tipperary 29
    Kilkenny/Carlow 27
    Cork City 48
    Cork North 19
    Cork West 19
    Kerry 15
    Limerick 37
    Donegal 23
    Cavan/Monaghan 18
    Sligo/Leitrim 18
    Louth 32
    Clare 17
    Mayo 26
    Galway 56
    Roscommon/Longford 13
    Westmeath 20
    Meath 27
    Kildare 25
    Laois/Offaly 18
    Wicklow 17
    Total 816
    The Deputy will be aware that the Commissioner, in consultation with his senior management team, is responsible for the detailed allocation of resources, including personnel, throughout the organisation, and I have no function in the matter. The target strength of the Garda Reserve remains at 10% of the full time Force and I would like to assure the House that the Government and the Garda Commissioner are fully committed to the Garda Reserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Is East Dublin, Blanch, Tallaght and Rathfarnam

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭clayton1

msg11 wrote: »
    Is East Dublin, Blanch, Tallaght and Rathfarnam

are you kidding me :D

Blanch is DMR West, Tallaght and Rathfarnham are both Dublin southside.

I suppose east dublin would be coolock and donaghmede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

clayton1 wrote: »
    are you kidding me :D

Blanch is DMR West, Tallaght and Rathfarnham are both Dublin southside.

I suppose east dublin would be coolock and donaghmede

I actually didn't even see the west there, hence why I was asking :(. Coolock is DMR North.

Thinking East might be Swords, Malahide, Balbrigan .

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

DMR East is Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

http://www.independent.ie/video/video-have-you-seen/sweet-sugar-candyman-not-this-guy-2933949.html

Enjoy the link ;);)

Swords and Malahide are both in the North D.M.R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kates068

One2one did you get that e-mail/call yet? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Unfortunetly no. It's starting to feel as if I'm waiting years! Hopefully it'll be soon.

Aw hopefully! I just passed the medical yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Well done - Isn't it a great feeling when your leaving HQ? All the hard work is done for it all to start again when you start your training. We could be in the same class!

Ya the relieve was something else! Ha ya you never know like! Where you from?

kates068 wrote: »
    Ya the relieve was something else! Ha ya you never know like! Where you from?
    Congrats on your med i recently passed mine too.
    have you got the call in your date to go down.

Congrats on your med i recently passed mine too.
    have you got the call in your date to go down.

your location might soon change eh from narnia? ;)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    your location might soon change eh from narnia? ;)
    To true bro december will be change it to tipperary ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yogi Bear

Any word yet on when Public Order and FCPS are being given to us?

Advertisement