Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compsoc tourney

• 07-11-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

hey all its me again!

over the next night or two we are starting to get a team together for a lan in jan. if your interested come tonight and even if your not, come anyway! if your not that good but you show promise we will take time to train and work with you!

this will not only incl. the lan we are hoping to have some perks....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

id do alot of practice if i was you, teams that play at lans dont play for fun they play to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

thats exactly whatwe are doing....we are picking a 6 good players getting them online and working with them to improve. we want them at compition level not at mini lan level, we may be talking international level. want to join in come to us on monday, and try out there isnt any reall testing process in place atm but we do have a good idea already.

might pop in monday, only playing css though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

What game(s) are you planning on making a team for?

BF2 and CSS will be the main ones but we will make allowances for rts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

what lan in jan?

So if you go to this you have to play both games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yea more information on the actual LAN plz.

atm, its gamecon and midlans....both of which havent been offically announce but are planned for late jan early feb

no you can play one, both or none of the games. if you want to play both you will be injecting alot of time into them as it would be for one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

lynch_3001 wrote: »
    we want them at compition level not at mini lan level, we may be talking international level.

are you actually serious....you rly dont get the pic do you. how could you think that people who go to college and expect them to get to international lvl. you dont realise that it takes years to get at this lvl. Fair enough their might be a good few players but most of them are in 3rd 4th yr now and have left the college, so they wouldnt have time to train at compsoc...and from what i can remember compsoc was terrible and dont be going on about that youve changed compsoc coz the only time it was ran anyway decent was 2-3years ago. 2days a week, 5hours each day...not a hope. get your head together, never going to happen.

and how are you going to have time to train people. you cant, its not like sports game.

*quickly run down long A, hide behind that barrel....he´ll never see you their*
    it takes hours and hours a day to get good. Even if you do get 5good players and have a mix, the other team might and prob will be terrible. their not going to get good by playing míxs against the same team. If they do, their going to win and think that their rly good but once they play a proper clan mix they will just fall to pieces. When i was playing css ages ago, I honestly thought i was good, obviously not the best and was in a good clan but when we entered ED, some of the mid team just thrashed us. like teams that have proper tactics and mid+ skill will win 30-0

theirs just so many tactics teams can have for a map, then theirs all the other maps........

ya well thats just my opinion, just think about it before you get ppl´s hopes up.

oh ya btw kami is uber <3

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    are you actually serious....you rly dont get the pic do you.
    dude im pretty sure he was joking
    oh ya btw kami is uber <3
    RAWR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

KamiKazi wrote: »
    dude im pretty sure he was joking

no man, hes serious :p

im sure he is indeed serious...

Dont burst his bubble yet though, it'd be great to have another team or 2 that can play css in ireland, as for international level im afraid any team from compsoc would most likely be laughed at unless their secretly in a top class team. I'd love to see people from Carlow at Gamecon or Midlans but be prepared to be mauled the first 2 or 3 LANs you attend, its all about experience. You might have decent aim but you need nice stratagies and above all else to practise them against good opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

do you have many people so far?

well im not really interested unless theres 4 others interested that are the same skill level as me such as schism or pat.

plus the team will all need to have the internet, its not possible to get a team ready with no net connection.

I could say id give it a shot as i have internet and a lappy and all the essential gear but ive never played schism or pat so i couldnt tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Hmmmm sounds real interesting, my team would be willing to play you if you need a team to practice against, but if you're going to be putting more than an hour a week in in training you'll prob knock us around the place after a week or so

:(

well to dispell the bad karma around this.

we are looking to put in 30-40 hours in a week min. i dont mean international standard over night this will continue over the summer into next year if i can and we are looking to get a ded server for us in the college to practice on and we invite ppl one lvl above to play and build up that way. we have a pretty high level trainer(name unreleased) so that should help.

all of the players who are picking have at least 1mb broadband. so that helps.

this is happening, we dont expect to get fair its a bit of fun really but at the same time we will be going over every point of gaming maps thoughly day by day.

really all this is to get more interest in compsoc an more of a faternity which can be there but isnt. if we lose we lose if we win one match yeah!!

OniTenshi wrote: »
    Hmmmm sounds real interesting, my team would be willing to play you if you need a team to practice against, but if you're going to be putting more than an hour a week in in training you'll prob knock us around the place after a week or so

:(

lal
    we are looking to put in 30-40 hours in a week min.

so sorta like a real job then?

• Advertisement

30-40 hours a week...for a video game....

Im Out :) most I ever averaged was 25 and that was a slow week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Well good luck man. If i was stil in carlow id be in on the action. Alot better than what was goin on last year in compsoc so kudos :)

we are looking to put in 30-40 hours in a week min.

...that's laughable. If you manage to get anyway near that in actual team playtime you'll either be at each other's throats by the end of it or be sick of the game altogether.

Who's your top secret trainer then?

Not to mention drop-outs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lynch_3001: after you do a few games, try to organize a few PCW (practise clan wars) over the xmas holidays, online.

Meh. Hope to see you at Midlans, as it's usually good craic. Just, eh, bring cushions. The tables are quite high.

PCW = private clan war.

I really hope your joking lynch, 30-40 hours a week practice with guys im guessing normally only play public..

we have our ways of getting 30-40 in a week

Yeah but your missing my point, a clan like Animate or COE could practice 30/40 hours a week and could still lose to another team at lan.

But practising that much with a team of pubbers is a waste of time imho.

we have our ways of getting 30-40 in a week

gangsta loike

• Advertisement

we be gansta

Advertisement