Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compsoc tourney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

is there any comps for tekken, mortal kombat or streetfighter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

mrmrbungle wrote: »
    or you could learn to aim and play a real game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

KamiKazi wrote: »
    or you could learn to aim and play a real game?
    Careful now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I'd like to put meself forward for the css team I've played 1.6 for bout 5 years and recently started on css. I'd reckon Im about mid skilled just getting to know css at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

yeah defo, we will be doing tryouts on monday night we are also going to try a new way playing css, thru a 2 tier system, so hopefully it works

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

lynch_3001 wrote: »
    yeah defo, we will be doing tryouts on monday night we are also going to try a new way playing css, thru a 2 tier system, so hopefully it works

go on..

we're still prefecting it so wont say no more on it in case it doesnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

/=| dont say sh1t then not explain. thats annoying as hell. Explain your prototype 2 tier system: it helps the rest of us understand and provide feedback before you go off and do it without any consultation... which in most cases always fails, not just in regard to yourself but in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Overheal wrote: »
    /=| dont say sh1t then not explain. thats annoying as hell. Explain your prototype 2 tier system: it helps the rest of us understand and provide feedback before you go off and do it without any consultation... which in most cases always fails, not just in regard to yourself but in general.

Ooooooo Someone didn't have there wheatabix this morning :P

Nah only messing overheal love ya, i agree

Also, from my recollection of comp soc, it took around 6months to a year for most players to become good at counterstrike, so maybe you should make your plan a bnit more longterm ?

Red

breakfast is for trannies and old people anyway ;)

• Advertisement

how bout you stfu and let me get on with the society, considering i havent seen you attending many meetings i dont think any of your comments are valid, overheal!

if your not going to attend dont if you are then do, simple as. the 2 tier system is complexand cannot be explained on a thread, and seeing as it is changing by the meeting of the admins, i dont think it constructive to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

agh come on now, overheal 's a nice guy, u don't need to be like that. He was just saying what everyone else probably thought :P

Now that you've explained its to complicated to write in a thread I'm sure everyone will leave you alone :)

Hey dude a bit off topic but hows comp soc going this year? What games ye playing, whats the turnout

Cheers
    Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mrmrbungle wrote: »
    Usually there is one of them. Think it was Street Fighter with old-school arcade controls at the Summer MidLans, but dunno what controls were used for the one in October.
    complexand cannot be explained
    Read: still working on it, leave me alone!:p;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

the 2 tier system is complexand cannot be explained on a thread.

but whats the 2 tier systems purpose? it doesnt seem to make any sense to me, "a new way of playing cs", like how? Ct's bomb the t's?

its for expierence. making it easier on the n00bs

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

its for expierence. making it easier on the n00bs

oh sweet lord :(

well we have to do something to help them

how bout you stfu and let me get on with the society, considering i havent seen you attending many meetings i dont think any of your comments are valid, overheal

and with such friendly staff, its a wonder why. Pardon me for showing interest in what you had to say only to be frustrated by you not feeling we were worth the electrons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

making it easier on the n00bs

very sad and immature tbh that you said noobs. thats rly gonna encourage ppl to play if their so called admin is talking down about them. so whos this secret player then and maybe go into small detail of this tier2 system.......or can you

lol tom noobs is hardly an insult if there new to the game ^^

• Advertisement

Surely you wont be recruiting any "noobs" or new to the game people, for a dedicated and serious Counterstrike clan format, team?

Your team is only as strong as your weakest player and after years of playing it, you still arent good enough for clan games without a lot of practice...

Still, its nice to see lynch show an open mind :rolleyes:

On a mod note, Lynch keep the abuse to a minimum. When you are the compsoc admin you leave yourself open to questioning and criticism, especially when you plan such a grand endeavour as this...

thats ivan for those words. i apolegise for the abuse, but i am getting sick and tired of ppl criticizing something that is o0nly in its infancy stages and also ppl who don't attend compsoc on a regular basis(even i cant attend on a regular basis due to work constants but i know whose there and whose not, as we have started taking a regular role call).
    if your not in compsoc or dont attend on a regular basis why do critique something that doesnt concern you(i.e. 2 tier system). i think it was about time this thread was closed. btw the cs team is a long way off and is only goin for fun no serious play really, our energy is being placed on the bf2 team, as it creates more team work more easily, slightly easier control system, and you can have a good laugh too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Psycopat wrote: »
    lol tom noobs is hardly an insult if there new to the game ^^

ya pat but still the term noobs is degrading. ppl shouting out on pub or watever... OMG YOUR SUCH A NOOB....ppl have to start somewhere like n they wont carry on if their constantly being insulted because they just started the game.

that what would be calling them. new ppl, newbies?

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    ya pat but still the term noobs is degrading. ppl shouting out on pub or watever... OMG YOUR SUCH A NOOB....ppl have to start somewhere like n they wont carry on if their constantly being insulted because they just started the game.

if someone shouted that in a pup they'd probly get a kicking ^^ .

as for infancy stages, your planin goin to a lan in january its hardly infant and you said u were planning on taking it seriously and for international level :) ivan can close the topic if he likes but its all just banter thats hardly hurting anyone

as for regular attendees in compsoc ive not been there this year but was a regular the last two years, do i not deserve the right to discuss topics?

well sorry, kinda forgot about that. i will retract that statement to pervious attendies.

Then perhaps you should edit your posts? ^^

Newbie is someone who is new to a game and is generally curious and makes an attempt at learning.

Noob/Noobie/Nooblet/N00b/etc. is generally someone who was once a newbie but who made no effort to learn the game and has instead gone on to become someone who believes they know everything when in fact they suck ;)

Hence the comments about the term being of a derogatory nature.

As for closing the thread, threads are generally closed when there is nothing left to discuss but people insist on trawling it up for no apparent reason, there is a violation of the boards policies or the charter and repeated violations of said, or because I need to fill my quota for the Mod dictatorship weekly competition.

None of these requirements have caused me to need to close the thread and therefore I see no reason to do so.

If anyone firmly diagrees then please PM me your complaints and I will, of course, take it under advisement.

Psycopat wrote: »
    if someone shouted that in a pup they'd probly get a kicking ^^ .

as for infancy stages, your planin goin to a lan in january its hardly infant and you said u were planning on taking it seriously and for international level :) ivan can close the topic if he likes but its all just banter thats hardly hurting anyone

as for regular attendees in compsoc ive not been there this year but was a regular the last two years, do i not deserve the right to discuss topics?

1/2 ditto: i was an addict last year and was rarely not there. in the top 3 and everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

any warcrafting?

• Advertisement

yeah, i'll look into warcraft. or maybe c&c.

Advertisement