Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shud i take my scaffold out??

Options
  • 07-11-2007 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭

k, so iv had my scaffold done for a few months now and all was goin well till i got lazy takin care of it!! now its kinda in bits and i dont know weather to just take it out and start again in a few months, or does anyone know any tricks that could nurse it back to full health again?? i really love it and dont wanna loose it!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

sea salt soaks, keep an eye on it.
    wanna tell us what exactly is wrong with it? infected? red? "in bits" doesnt really help us out much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

lol, well i have a MAJOR case of the crusties. its a little bit sore but not unbearable like! there has also been a little bit of bleeding!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

boiled water with sea salt left to cool to body temp, clean with clean hands and watch it.

I had one many moons ago (or thats how it feels) and it was fine after about 4 months.

wash your paws,
    clean off crusties (q-tip maybe) and do as we said.
    Is it done properly? if it isnt youd be better taking it out. post a pic if ya can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

were did you go to get it done?
    (me is nosey)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Sea Salt Soaks
    1. Wash your hands thoroughly with liquid antibacterial or antimicrobial soap (Satin and Provon are best).
    2. Place a pinch of sea salt in the bottom of a small disposable cup. About 1/8 teaspoon.
    3. Add hot tap water - as hot as you can stand - to the salt. Use about 3 ounces of water - which is just over half-full in a 5 ounce cup.
    4. If possible, invert the cup right over the piercing and allow it to stay there for 5 minutes. This usually works well for nipple and navel piercings. If you can't create a sufficient seal against the skin with the cup, then soak a cotton ball in the salt water solution and apply the cotton ball to the piercing. When it cools down, throw it away and place a newly saturated cotton ball on the piercing. Do this for 5 minutes. 5. Rinse the piercing with warm water and dry with a clean paper towel.

Soaking Tips

* Only sea salt is to be used. Table salt is not acceptable. Sea salt can be found in many grocery stores and almost all health food stores.
    * If you are not sure about the solution strength, put a dab on your finger and taste it with the tip of your tongue. It should be no saltier than a potato chip.

Also, you could go into a reputable piercer for them to have a look at it. Maybe there's a problem with the jewellery (length, material used etc) They might recommend swapping the bar for two seperate pieces, which worked well for me when I was healing my scaffold piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

jenizzle wrote: »
    Sea Salt Soaks
    3. Add hot tap water - as hot as you can stand - to the salt. Use about 3 ounces of water - which is just over half-full in a 5 ounce cup.

I wouldn't reccomend tap water, it's not clean enough, boil the water in a kettle thus killing germs in the process. ;)

I wouldn't reccomend tap water, it's not clean enough, boil the water in a kettle thus killing germs in the process. ;)

Ah yis... shoulda read the thingy properly!

my friend did it for me...she done it really well its not like the positionin or anythin thats off its just i stopped cleanin it a lot sooner than i should have!!
    thanks for the advice...i think ill leave it and just take MUCH better care of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Ok after looking back a few pages I realised your the same girl who let her friend pierce her septum. How many mess ups/infections/problems is it going to take before you go to a proper piercer?

xtruthx

• Advertisement

Ok after looking back a few pages I realised your the same girl who let her friend pierce her septum. How many mess ups/infections/problems is it going to take before you go to a proper piercer?

xtruthx

hear, hear! I never copped till I read the "my friend did it for me" part.

I'm just waiting for her botched genital piercing post :D.

xtruthx

dude thats not funny, i know the girl who did the piercing, dont think she'd attempt anything down there.
    speaking of botched genital piercings, there was one on modblog a while ago, girl wanted a vch, "piercer" (use term sparingly) didnt use a receiving tube! Continued on to pierce directly through her clit :(:(
    il find the modblog entry for fun

edit: http://modblog.bmezine.com/2007/09/05/vch-gone-wrong/

Wilburt wrote: »
    dude thats not funny, i know the girl who did the piercing, dont think she'd attempt anything down there.

Ok then I apologise it's great that someone who's not a professional piercer knows their limits I mean a septum piercing is easy I do em all the time sometimes in my sleep and scaffolds are pretty much the same right?

xtruthx

i was sorta more referring to wishing ill upon the girl if she ever decided to get something done down there...

My bad apologies Willburt. This girl follows the same structure in all her posts. Starts off with I'm having trouble with my piercing, loads of people offer advice, she reveals her friend did it, people advise against it. Basically people might aswell be saying ram some rusty nails into yourself as she obviously has little concearn for safety.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

If i recall correctly, this isn't the first piercing you haven't done in a studio and has gotten abit worse for ware. Again, if memory serves me, it was serannewrap (a person who knows alot about the topic from what i read constantly on boards).

Maybe you should stop the out of studio DIY jobs to save you abit of money (thats what i assume your reasoning is) and pay for the professionalism. It's money well spent, no unsightly scaring after piercing is removed etc.

If you really want to save the scaffold go into a studio, a good one. As always I'd recommend snakebite. If if you don't get pierced their they still offer care advice like a normal customer.

its not that i hav no concern for my personal safety! i let her do them cos i no she knows what shes doing!! its not to save money, i get professional piercings done all the time!! i was only asking coz i got lazy takin care of and didnt know weather to just give up on it or give it some healing time!

and what did you do in the end? has it healed or did you take it out?

its actually after clearing up really well. its still not perfect, i still have a little extra skin goin on but the crusties are a thing of the past!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You're growing a third ear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

its not that i hav no concern for my personal safety! i let her do them cos i no she knows what shes doing!! its not to save money, i get professional piercings done all the time!! i was only asking coz i got lazy takin care of and didnt know weather to just give up on it or give it some healing time!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54216137&postcount=15

ya sure? :p

glad to hear it's healing up though :)

Advertisement