Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full License Test waiting period for Tallaght

• 07-11-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Anyone know how long it takes for the test to take place if you booked in Tallaght? I know you can look up the drivingtest website for a list of waiting times, but not sure if thats cars or bikes? Problem I have is that I booked the test a week or so ago as soon as I got the provisional only to realise that I had to wait 6 months before I could sit it. If I get a testing date can I ask them to defer it until I'm eligible or will I just get thrown back to the end of the queue for test applicants? Any info ,insight or advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Had to do mine twice to get it and on both occasions 6 months was the approx. wait for the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Hmm... I was thinking of waiting until I'd done the test and hopefully gained a full license before buying a bike, might just go ahead and buy one now, take the hit on the insurance for only having a provisional license and get the experience in before the test date eventually comes around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

i got my test in approximately 4 months in Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Hmm... I was thinking of waiting until I'd done the test and hopefully gained a full license before buying a bike, might just go ahead and buy one now, take the hit on the insurance for only having a provisional license and get the experience in before the test date eventually comes around

You won't save much on insurance with a full license. I only got €100 back when I passed a few years ago. Get training and use a bike you'll be cold and wet this time of year but happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Yet another reason to just get on with it so, and before the M50 finally sucks the life out of me ... its close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

i got offered 100 back too which i thought was rubbish, so i switched insurer and i went from TPO to fully comp (on a bigger bike) for less.

I recommend lessons or at least a pretest. It will really help your riding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

I got 300 euro back when I passed my test! :D

Advertisement