Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couchsurfing.com is looking for people from Galway

Options
  • 07-11-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm member of the www.couchsurfing.com community.

Short description:
    The CouchSurfing Project is a free international Internet-based hospitality service, and currently the largest hospitality exchange network. As of November 2007, it had more than 350,000 members in 220 countries and territories. From various indicators it can be estimated that many members were actively using the website, with 40% offering their couches to host travelers (with another 22% saying "maybe" and others who are traveling at the moment).[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couchsurfing

Actually we have here in Galway a pretty small community compared to Dublin for example. We set up a meeting last week and in the end 4 people showed up. In Dublin there are usually around 100 in reqularly meetings.

So would be cool if some of you would be interested in couchsurfing and this idea of providing hospitality :)

Balu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Thanks! I've been meaning to join 'em for ages, and seeing your post reminded me and I just went and signed up.

I used Servas International like a decade ago (pre-couchsurfing's existence), and had some very good experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Fcuked if i'm letting some internet goon sleep on my couch. Get a hostel ye frickin hippie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Fcuked if i'm letting some internet goon sleep on my couch. Get a hostel ye frickin hippie

My thoughts exactly.

Advertisement