Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover 45 query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Thanks for all the info and replies lads.
    I'll see if i can get a look under the bonnet today.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Stekelly wrote: »
    Was the 2.0 diesel in the 75 not a BMW engine from the 3 series?
    Rover supplied a 2.0 diesel to Honda which they used in the Accord for a short time. AFAIK this was an in-house Rover engine, and I am told that it was dropped after a relatively short run due to reliability problems. I read on here that laterally that the 2.0 was from BMW.

I should have said in my original post that the K-series Rover looks different to the Honda D and F engines, cos the 2.0 and 2.3 were F-series SOHC.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Oh and I might not like the way it drives, but the 400 / 45 can be a total bargain to buy second hand. There are some very well specced (leather, etc.) models out there with a replaced HG and belt that go for peanuts

The diesel in the 75 is indeed the BMW diesel - slightly detuned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Stekelly wrote: »
    Depends on the engine. AFAIR the 2.0 honda engine in the ROver 620 I had didnt have a Honda emboss. Think it was a plastic cover on the accord I had (same engine).

The Volvo engine that was in my safrane didnt have a volvo badge and Renault had their own engine cover over it.

The Mitsubishi engine in my S40 has no refernce whatsoever to its manufacturer. It has Volvo on it, and 'GDI' too, but no Mitsubishi badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    and 'GDI' too, but no Mitsubishi badge.
    GDI is trademark Mitsubishi, which is confirmation. As PGM-FI is confirmation of a Honda engine in a Rover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement