Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Video Sender for NTL Digital box

• 07-11-2007 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

looking for a video sender to allow watching tv in other rooms in the house.

must have ability to change channel and work with NTL digital box and not intefere with wireless network.

seen some online in maplin/argos ranging from €60 - €100

anyone know any cheaper ones around?

thx in adv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Aldi have video senders coming up on Sunday 11th. Nov. for €39.99

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

has anyone used similar devices.....do they actually work pretty well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

There's a philips SLV5400 which works with Sky+ so it should work with NTL digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

We have one that works with a sky box in the bedroom, down to the kitchen. Not sure of the make (came from Argos if I remember right). Key problems are ... can't change channels downstairs, interference from microwave and extractor fan also someother interference which may be from next doors appliances. If you post on the cable board you might get some good answers as lots of techies there to give advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got one for 49.99 in Maplins, their own Nikkai brand. Works great, and though it seems to work at the same frequency as wireless, it doesn't actually interfere and both work fine. One tv is downstairs, the other upstairs on the other side of the house. All in all, works far better then I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I do have one of these and it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

Do-more wrote: »
    Aldi have video senders coming up on Sunday 11th. Nov. for €39.99

this could be the ticket !

or the maplin €50 jobbie !

thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

stupid question coming up - basically i'd like to move the telly in my living room (awkward shaped room) to another spot, could i use one of these aldi video senders rather than laying down a very long co-ax cable all the way around the living room and having to fix the cable to the wall every foot or so?

dereko1969 wrote: »
    stupid question coming up - basically i'd like to move the telly in my living room (awkward shaped room) to another spot, could i use one of these aldi video senders rather than laying down a very long co-ax cable all the way around the living room and having to fix the cable to the wall every foot or so?

i dont see why not.

same difference except you're transmitting to the same room rather than another room ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Got a ferguson one on ebay for €40, works great and transmits the remote control signal too. Thought it'd interfere with wireless and get crap reception but its transmitting from one end downstairs to the opposite end upstairs without a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Got a ferguson one on ebay for €40, works great and transmits the remote control signal too. Thought it'd interfere with wireless and get crap reception but its transmitting from one end downstairs to the opposite end upstairs without a problem.

link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

HavoK wrote: »
    Got one for 49.99 in Maplins, their own Nikkai brand. Works great, and though it seems to work at the same frequency as wireless, it doesn't actually interfere and both work fine. One tv is downstairs, the other upstairs on the other side of the house. All in all, works far better then I expected.

the unit that you use can you have different channels on the different tv's at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

the unit that you use can you have different channels on the different tv's at the same time?
    No, video senders transmit what's on one TV (source) to the other (destination). There cannot be different channels on each.

basquille wrote: »
    No, video senders transmit what's on one TV (source) to the other (destination). There cannot be different channels on each.

if you have NTL digital you will probably have one digital line and one anologue line (i do)

my plan is use the video sender to transmit the digital around the house (so upstairs i watch the footy) and then the missus can still change channels and watch corrie through the anolouge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

basquille wrote: »

Are there any units which allow this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OnLooker wrote: »
    Are there any units which allow this?
    A seperate digibox would be needed from your provider.
    jimmychin wrote:
    my plan is use the video sender to transmit the digital around the house (so upstairs i watch the footy) and then the missus can still change channels and watch corrie through the anolouge.
    Oh yeah, that'll work no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is it cable or aerial ntl? how much does their multi-room viewing cost?

Advertisement