Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage question

Options
  • 07-11-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hope i am in the right topic...just have a query on mortgages...if i got a mortgage for a house could i get enough out to buy a car as well or how would i go about doing this...thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you could get a "top-up mortgage" but AFAIK this depends on how long you've have had the mortgage for.

If you've just gotten a morgage to buy a house and want to use some of that to buy a car then theres not a chance in hell of the bank letting you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

even if i get the auctioneer to over value the property...is this possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If you already had the mortgage and the car loan you can switch the mortgage over to another bank and take up all the debt under one loan. But the value of the house would have to cover the both. In short you've no chance of this happening. Banks don't do 125% mortgages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

even if i get the auctioneer to over value the property...is this possible

The mortgage co will appoint their own independent valuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You really shouldn't be looking for advice on how to try and cheat your way around on this forum.

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement