Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Enterprise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Fair enough, so ;)

I still believe that the majority of people who like Ent do so because its the first Trek series they've seen.

Also - no reaction to my statement that the first 3 seasons of "Enterprise" are non-canonical because they dont have "Star Trek" in the title?

Well if i remember at the start of season 4 (end of season 3) the temperal cold war came to a close so any temperal incursions that had made no sence.

One thing that ****ed with my head was how do they have viewscreen tech?
    In the days of early human space travel they didnt have viewscrees and also why was there never a single mention of the earth/romulus war? that war was fought using nukes ffs. Treaty negoated over subspace so noone ever saw a romulan till over 100 years after ENT. so i dont get it. There are allot of problems that where not explained in enterprise but it still had some good episodes and if you do a search in the star trek forum for enterprise check all the episode polls and see what the general consesns was, i liked twilight and anzati prime allot but those are the only 2 names i can think of off hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Just because they didnt see each other doesnt mean earth or the romulans didnt have the ablity to transmit visual's tbh that would be far odder if an intersteller travel capable race couldnt figure out how to send bloody pictures also seeming earth only had 2 nx class ship's we can assume the rest of the fleet is armed with laser's and nukes.

Was totaly unneeded to bring in "photonic torpedos" and stuff like that though for enterprise just didnt fit in over all but i guess you can pass it off as a super advanced new ship class that serves as a test bed for most new technology that will become the mainstay for starfleet for 100's of years....yey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

User45701 wrote: »
    ... why was there never a single mention of the earth/romulus war? ...

AFAIK the Earth/Romulus war takes place AFTER Enterprise. Which does bring up a lot of continuity problems that you mention about the level of technology involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

When was this Earth/Romulan war with nukes mentioned? Can't say I remember anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    When was this Earth/Romulan war with nukes mentioned? Can't say I remember anything about it?

st : tos some episode spock said the last time earth fought the romulans it was with primative nukes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Ah right. Must brush up on my TOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

and speaking of which, what an episode eh?
    one of the best Star Trek episode
    The conversation between Kirk and the romulan commander

The fights in TOS where much more.... well this is better than some of the larger battles. I dont know how to describe it but its just better, more Shakespearian of something? no that does not make sense because i never had any interest in any of shakespears work. i dont know what the word is, epic? no that means large but what word would you use to describe the dialog in episodes like balance of terror oh! and the episode with the Organians.

Actually i think i might just order the remastered version of TOS once its out on HD DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Theatrical?

Goodshape wrote: »
    Theatrical?

Ye that sounds good.

Maybe its because they where the first space battles i would have watched when i was like 5/6 and i was amazed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

User45701 wrote: »
    i thought that the cube that q threw them into was already on coause for sector 001 also why would earth be the borg sector 001 as in the first system catloged, thats dating back to Vger right? so technically humans did create the borg

lol, playing Star Trek Legacy much :p

As for Enterprise, I quite enjoyed it!
    S1 was a bit 'meh', S2 it started getting good, S3 was very good and S4 rocked!!

legacy was about some vulan/borg/ one wasent it?.

I thought that game explained things like the Kaderaic expance and kinda contunied on from the story in the motion picture. id had some hints that when the E travled back in time that a lo powered signal went off and the cube from Q encounter was dispatched then q pushed the enterprise into a early encouteter with the borg.

What i was talking about was the voyager probe later due to rust became vger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'll have to look again, but I'm nearly certain that was implied in the game as well tho, about vger, but yes the Vulcan eventually took over in the game :)

Advertisement