Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Galway

Options
  • 07-11-2007 4:26pm

i.e. Clearwire, Irishbroadband, 3, vodafone, o2.

This probably belongs elsewhere, but I was hoping to get peoples opinions based solely in Galway and their experiences.

Basically I want to try and get wireless broadband in my house. My landlord doesn't want to get a landline brought in the house, and my housemates are unwilling to get NTL or any of that sort, so I have to get wireless broadband to use when I'm not in college.

So, what are the best wireless broadband packages to get?

This is what I know..

Both clearwire and irish broadband are more or less dial-up speed for the general package. 3 and vodafone offer better speeds, but are more expensive. Yet I was told that vodafone is better than 3 as 3's coverage supposedly goes. But vodafone's price per month rises after 3 months if you're not a vodafone customer (which I'm not)

As you can tell, I'm slightly confused with this as I want to find the best package. I live in Prospect Hill and have been told that my coverage should be ok with all of 'em. So what are people's experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I have eircom.
    Godawful customer support, choopy coverage.Avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Using Irish Broadband here... works great for general emailing and browsing... ALMOST streams a youtube video smoothly (we've got half-signal). For the money I think it's very good value.

chat2joe wrote: »
    Using Irish Broadband here... works great for general emailing and browsing... ALMOST streams a youtube video smoothly (we've got half-signal). For the money I think it's very good value.

But which package do you use?

Advertisement