Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking Nailer,

Options
  • 07-11-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Im looking for some advise on putting down decking, I have a paslode IM350 first fix nailer but think its too powerful to use for putting top onto the frame as it would prob split the wood, can anyone suggest a good cordless nailer that would suit this job, it there a paslode gun that might do the job?

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

U can adjust the power setting on the front:
    also use the galvo nails[ purple paper]
    however as opposed to nailing I would screw every time, decking included:D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

gmcg wrote: »
    Hi

Im looking for some advise on putting down decking, I have a paslode IM350 first fix nailer but think its too powerful to use for putting top onto the frame as it would prob split the wood, can anyone suggest a good cordless nailer that would suit this job, it there a paslode gun that might do the job?

G

Hey gmcg

I am no tradesman, but I agree that it would be much better to screw fix rather than nail. That way if anything goes wrong during the build you can take boards up easier, or further down the line for any maintainence work or access to anything underneath. Might take a bit longer but is better in the long run.

Chef

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Use the green treated decking screws, if you have a large area of deck you can always get one of those collated screwguns and use the Robertson head type screws.
    I did 50m2 of decking and used a screw gun and Pozi head and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

gmcg wrote: »
    Hi

G

Nailing deckboards is not recommended, screw fix only.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

whhy would you nail decking down??? screw it down if it needs to be fixed no problems if you need to clean out under it no problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement