Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords Scratch Repair

Options
  • 07-11-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Anyone used them? I keep seeing the ad where the guy fixes the scratch on the front wing in a jiffy. Do they even offer this service in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Down to page 3 already! Seriously, no-one?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't let the younglads there fit a battery in my car never mind paint my it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

What Colm said. It's frightening to think they let these guys loose installing stereos and pdc. I watched a guy brace his foot against a seat when pulling at the dashboard forcibly because he didn't know where the retention clips were.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

How deep is the scratch? Alot of the time parking scuffs/light sratches can be taken out without having to put paint near the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

with what? tcut or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If the scratch isn't gone thru the paintwork it can often be polished out with a polishing cream (usually something with aluminium oxide in it) and a lot of elbow grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Thanks chaps, the scratch is quite deep. Had the hard top from the wife's SL in the shed over the summer and something must have whacked off it.
    I'd imagine it's a respray then?

Advertisement