Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Rig! what u think? 56k warning

Options
  • 07-11-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi, I just wanted to show you my rig for anyone who is interested! Please let me know what you guys think. The case is a heavily modded Silverstone temjin TJ07 with a laser cut side panel done by kustompc. I have replaced all fans with slightly quieter Zalman 120mm & 80mm fans all hooked up to a fan controller. Intel xe6800 is running at 3.74ghz with an MSI 8800Ultra Superclocked, stock @660mhz core 2300mhz memory. But i have overclocked to 710mhz 2380memory for 3dmark. Running on 2 WD Raptor 150gigs running in RAID0. It runs crysis no probs @ 1920-1200 at ultra detail. Since i put so much time & money into it I thought i might as well show yez. Feedback is welcome Thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

By the way, could someone tell me how to show these images on the page rather than giving links to them please?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Well you're on Xp so I presume you hacked the game for the higher detail levels;) In which case I seriouly doubt it's playable at 1920x1200... Spose it's up to you what fps you feel comfortable with.

Also wondering why you'd buy an xe6800 now when you can get a QX6850 for the same price? Or even a QX9650 in a few days time.

It's a sexy looking rig all the same...nice job there! What do you score in 01, 03, 05, 06? super pi etc.?

3dmark 15,107 a few months ago on much older drivers, im sure i would get much higher now. My orb is on page 7 of 3dmark scores here on boards, my last link works! Yes i hacked the demo to unlock ultra settings and i assure you that it runs it very well @ 1920 1200 no slowdown whatsoever:) And I play a lot of games so i can recognise slowdowns for sure! can u tell me how to post pics on the full page rather than showing links?:) Oh yeah i didnt buy the chip now i got at a bargain here from boards when it first came out. The guy needed cash at the time, the chip was 1100euro at the time i got it for 430.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dude.... get a better desk ffs, that keyboard tray is ridiculous

LOL i knew someone would comment on the desk;) I will get another one but it doesnt bother me at all. Works fine for me tbh. The desk is pretty big believe it or not but the case and monitor make it look puny LOL:) The case is massive, but i like it that way coz theres loads of room inside for airflow and modding! It has 7 * 120mm fans and 2 * 80mm fans. But thankfully its extremely silent coz theyre running @ low RPM:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

You may not notice this but your probably getting around 25-30 fps, low fps is more smooth in crysis than in any other game ive played.

Maybe thats the case, but its worth it coz it looks amazing on ultra settings. Quite a step up from high and as long as its fast enough as to not affect my aiming I dont mind! cant wait for crysis to come out, not long now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

By the way, could someone tell me how to show these images on the page rather than giving links to them please?:)

:rolleyes: Host them on imageshack

Deadly rig btw m8

picture019ku1.th.jpg

imagehk1.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Nice.

I want that case *drools*

Thanks Pog that seems to work a bit better. Thanks Neon, wouldnt be a case for a LAN party though. Its about the weight of a small person. Keeps everything cool though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Thanks Pog that seems to work a bit better. Thanks Neon, wouldnt be a case for a LAN party though. Its about the weight of a small person. Keeps everything cool though!

nice rig .

would you be selling that case anytime soon ?

Not a chance man sorry.:) you could buy one from kustompcs.co.uk if you want. You'll pay for it though:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Pretty nice case, how much did the design cut set you back? If you ask me it's a crime not to watercool with that case, you need some wc gear!

(1) Ok, Silverstone Temjin TJ07

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1241.html

(2) laser cut modification

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1373.html

(3)Fan controller

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2910.html

(4)Bay converter 120mm fan

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3884.html

Total price = about 560 euro. LOL and that doesnt account for the extra fans and cathode lights i got. Lets just say i got lucky with the bookies in case you think im fecking crazy!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thought laser cut would be dearer actually :eek:

Btw, i have same fan controller :p in silver tho

You can actually design the side panel yourself if you like and send them the design. It has to be in black and white (solid). But as you can see by the pictures i chose their own design coz i couldnt design one as cool. He had to go off for a couple of days to find the template for the dragonheads. Im delighted i chose this one coz it looks awesome, pics dont do it justice, also im crap at taking pictures!:(

You can actually design the side panel yourself if you like and send them the design. It has to be in black and white (solid). But as you can see by the pictures i chose their own design coz i couldnt design one as cool. He had to go off for a couple of days to find the template for the dragonheads. Im delighted i chose this one coz it looks awesome, pics dont do it justice, also im crap at taking pictures!:(

be a pro and use a tripod :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

awhir wrote: »
    nice rig .

would you be selling that case anytime soon ?

Haha, your mad for that case. Chances are im getting rid of mine soon. The cooling isnt upto it anymore. Time to go back to lian li for me.

@cssgod.

Nice job on the build. The side panel isnt my cup of tea mind.

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    Haha, your mad for that case. Chances are im getting rid of mine soon. The cooling isnt upto it anymore. Time to go back to lian li for me.

@cssgod.

Nice job on the build. The side panel isnt my cup of tea mind.

how much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sick build. Most impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

what sort of temps are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

gorgious case, seriously very nice! those desks piss me off tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Very nice, but nigs to the Ultra, the price/performance isnt really justified.

Is that a custom design on the case?

Thanks, yeah its a custom side panel, you can pretty much get whatever you want on the side panel, even both panels but thats overkill. I originally picked the Lian Li v2000 but the guy got back to me to say that he couldnt cut its side panel properly due to compartments inside the case. Basically there would have been a big metal compartment running right through the centre behind the window. I chose the Ultra coz i won some money, got a good price on Ebay, and its the MSI superclocked one @ 660mhz / 2300mhz. But I can clock it much higher. 710mhz / 2450mhz. Pretty fast if you ask me:) I could have applied the tim a bit better on the CPU, now that i know it has to be applied very thinly using a thin rubber glove or plastic. Its idle @ 38-40c @ 3.74ghz. But very stable under load. That temp is only using the fans including cpu fan at lowest RPM settings. But when i overclock and put fans on turbo the temps go down!

Advertisement