Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares

• 07-11-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

As much as some people hate this guy, I LOVE this show.
    I suppose a lot of people in F&D have the pipe dream of opening up a their own establishment. This feeds my lust!

Did anyone see last night's show? I would have given yer wan a slap - the restaurant was so pretty. Who wouldn't kill for a wee place like that to set up shop!
    I was so chuffed for the new chef - Cinderella - food style!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It did seem like a bit of a fairytale for that chef. Let's hope things work out well for her.

The restaurant owner seemed so lazy and such a Daddy's girl. It's a pity that her laziness cost that chef her job.

I enjoy watching this series but I am constantly amazed at the lax practices that all these restaurant owners tolerate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Missed last night's show, I think I may have recorded on my sky box though
    *crosses fingers*

I also love the show, last week's was good too. Hopefully it's there when I go home. I'll report back tomorrow if I did.

So many people purchase restaurants as an investment and have no idea how to run them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Great show last night. Ramsay maybe an arrogant pompus git in some people eyes but to me his passion for cooking is something else. He genuinely wants to see the places he visits to do well but last night took the biscuit. I feel she just thought he would arrive and word would spread that Gordon Ramsay was there and all the punters would come back! She wouldn't manage a fish and chip van nevermind a restaurant in Paris!

Fair play to him for getting the chef a chance. She seemed to want to go places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

So many people purchase restaurants as an investment and have no idea how to run them.

One of the major reasons why half of them flop I'd imagine! I'd love to do it myself, but it is really hard work. I think I'll just stick to eating in them for the moment :)

I think it's repeated on Sunday nights..

Thanks olaola. I'll check :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Great episode last night.

Was it just me or is next weeks a repeat/revisit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I love this programme, brilliant ep last night. I couldn't believe how arrogant and selfish that woman was. She literally squandered away her father's money and then at the end was like " but I'm all relaxed now blah blah blah" to her father's face!

Besides her though, what did people make of the chef Daniel? LOL. Was it me or was he waving a knife at Ramsay at one stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Last nights show was the best one yet. Gordon is amazingly patient with people, despite his reputation, and they still try to walk all over him. Couldn't believe it when that owner arrived an hour late for service, expecting Gordon Ramsay to have cooked everything for her!

What a wagon! Talk about embarrassing yourself on national television. I'm glad her dad finally pulled the rug out from under her.

And good on Gordon for giving the young chef a step up. Gordon must have recognised himself in her, I think - young working class chef from Scotland alone in Paris!

Pacifico - yes, I remember the guy who is on next week. He had a "gastro pub", and a collection of horrible trendy delf!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Was it just me or is next weeks a repeat/revisit?

YEAH! I was wondering what that was about - wasn't he the lad who was mad about the plates and he bought them from eBay and whatnot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

olaola wrote: »
    I would have given yer wan a slap

More like a shovel....repeatedly, she made my blood boil, just toying around with daddy's money.

Looks like she just wanted to swan around Paris smoking fags.

Good result for the young chef (wonder what happened to that mad Brazilian chef :eek: )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Yeah he had a thing for unusual plates and a passion for causing havoc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

keefg wrote: »
    Looks like she just wanted to swan around Paris smoking fags.

I am pretty sure those weren't fags she was smoking in a few scenes. Which may explain why she was so lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

olaola wrote: »
    I think it's repeated on Sunday nights..
    Repeated on More4 on Sunday nights as far as I know.

I had it recorded so I watched it last night.

That restaurant owner was a pleb. Too much of daddy's money all through life and no sense of resposibility me thinks.

As soon as I seen that young chef I turned to the Missus and said 'I bet she ends up working for Ramsey'. I hadn't picked that up from this thread yesterday btw. She was very keen, I'd say she's still beavering away for him in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Didn't see that show but the first one I ever saw, Gordon was impressed with two of the junior kitchen staff and poached them for his own business.

Restuarant owners beware!

I had it recorded so I watched it last night.

That restaurant owner was a pleb. Too much of daddy's money all through life and no sense of resposibility me thinks.

You'd wonder wtf she was doing there - she had zero interest in anything to do with the running of the place from the food to service!
    I'd give my right arm for an opportunity like that... makes my blood boil!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched it last night too (god bless sky+).

She came across as a bit of an idiot alright. Her chef couldn't cook (and was mad in the head), her friend wasn't helping at all, and she had no motivation. Gordon completely turned it around, gave her the opportunity to make 10k+ a week, and she pissed it away.

Mr E wrote: »
    Watched it last night too (god bless sky+).

Amen. Couldn't live without it now.

It annoys me when people that Ramsey's helping don't really implement his recommendations. Part of the appeal of the show I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Can't get enough of it. Horrific seeing inside some of the kitchens at times. That spoilt Scottish chick was so unbearably thick, as was her friend who walked out the first day. Can't believe the father put up with that kind of behaviour when it was his money funding her lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Attol wrote: »
    Can't get enough of it. Horrific seeing inside some of the kitchens at times. That spoilt Scottish chick was so unbearably thick, as was her friend who walked out the first day. Can't believe the father put up with that kind of behaviour when it was his money funding her lifestyle.

I'd say that girl was brought up with a silver spoon in her mouth, spoilt rotten. Her face was botoxed to death as well. Daddy paid for that as well i would imagine. Spoilt brat, the amount of people that would do anything for an opportunity like that.
    Fair play to Gordon for giving the young girl, India, a chance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

the episode next week is a return-to episode not a repeat. obviously his cornish pasty revolution didnt last too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Gotta say I love this show. I've no interest in chefing but I do have an interest in casual swearing and, week after week, Ramsey delivers.

Actually went to a book signing of his last year. Wanted to buy a Jamie Oliver cookbook and have him sign it, "Call this a f*cking cookbook!" but you had to buy his biography and he wouldn't write personal messages (only because he had a flight to catch and the queue was huge). The book isn't half bad by the way, his life story is pretty fascinating.

the episode next week is a return-to episode not a repeat. obviously his cornish pasty revolution didnt last too long

With return to episodes don't they often recycle footage from the first visit for the first three quarters of the show and then only the last quarter is new footage?

I won't mind too much as I never actually saw the original in this case.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Gotta say I love this show. I've no interest in chefing but I do have an interest in casual swearing and, week after week, Ramsey delivers.

Hehee!! Did you see Hell's Kitchen last night? I'm torn between when he calls them a 'DONKEY' or cups his hands around his mouth like a megaphone and tells them to fcukoff :)

No, I only started watching Hell's Kitchen last season. Not as into it. I just love that his every other reaction is "F*ck me" and "F*cking hell". So exasperated.

He's like that in real life too. At the book signing it went like this:

Me: Hey man, big fan of the show.
    Gordon: Good to hear it. F*cking nightmare. *signs the book* They do my f*cking head in.
    Me: I'd say they do.

F*ck me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I heard an interview with him on Newstalk a few weeks ago. Part of it went something like:

Interviewer: Why are you so hard on the people in Hells Kitchen.
    GR: Half of them are talented and half of them are f**king muppets. Oops, can you bleep that?
    Interviewer: Yes we can.
    GR: Thank f**k for that!

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Me: Hey man, big fan of the show.
    Gordon: Good to hear it. F*cking nightmare. *signs the book* They do my f*cking head in.
    Me: I'd say they do.

F*ck me.

LMAO. I could hear him in my head as I read that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Have to say that I love Ramsey's programs especially kitchen nightmares. I often wonder how some of the people working in the kitchens get away with it, when they don't have a clue. I remember one episode where he slagged of some guy who called himself an executive chef or the one with the french chef that was killing the restaurant.

Cant wait till next weeks show when he goes back to the guy with all the plates and clocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was in the US last week and saw an episode where he went into a rat infested place 2 blocks from his own New York restaurant. It was horrific.

He walked down the street in a white hooded overall and had a team clean out the place. He said it was lucky that people hadn't died from eating rotten and contaminated food.

He showed them his kitchen which was the complete opposite.

He's not allowed swear at home or in front of his children.

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_Nightmares

I didn't realise he did a US show too!!

<snip>

Advertisement