Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What I saw today (well last week)

Options
  • 07-11-2007 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

The Bugatti Veyron in Galway :eek:

Yes I'm not lying.....one was sold by Cunninham Higgens to a guy in Galway who used to own Cash and Carry Kitchens....WOW!!!

Saw it briefly and it disappeared like a lightning bolt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

it wont be here for long.. its destined for the continent, at his holiday home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I thought it was gone already as it was never registered over here so he wouldn't have to pay VRT...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Bugatti Veyron in Galway :eek:

Yes I'm not lying.....one was sold by Cunninham Higgens to a guy in Galway who used to own Cash and Carry Kitchens....WOW!!!

Cool! Did you see it being driven on a public road? Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

steve06 wrote: »
    I thought it was gone already as it was never registered over here so he wouldn't have to pay VRT...

One of the lads on another forum posted up his photos of it when he had the opportunity to visit it about 2 weeks ago here in Ireland.

got a link?

• Advertisement

got a link?

Here's the post Steve!
    wrote:
    While at the parents house t'other week she asked me if I wanted to go and have a look at "Some Bugatti thing" that her brother in law's brother bought.

Bugatti thing? You mean a Veyron?, Yea thats the car she says.

He has it stored in a Garage about 3 hours from Dublin City and I literally thought I was going out to see it, take some photos of it in a basement and head home. My Uncle, his son, my parents etc all headed there. If I had known it was going to come out to play I should have got Manic to come along to do a feature, but its off to spain soon.

Got to see it, man is it amazing, quality of the car from the Sat Nav in the rear view mirror to the carbon fibre wheel arch liners was just superb. Car has a little PDA to record all kinds of data.

The guy who owns the garage took us all out for a spin (my uncles brother wasnt there, he lives in Spain most of the time and the car is following him there soon and wont be back to Ireland). My Christ is it bloody fast. I've been in the Ring taxi with 500bhp on tap and a 420bhp RX7, but they couldnt even give me warning as to how fast the car was. Everytime a car pulled in from the fast lane, it took 5 seconds or less to get from 50-160mph. All perfectly stable, no fuss and the brakes pulled you back down from those speeds just as quick. Face tinglingly quick. Stopped a lot of traffic too.

I took it for a quick spin around the Industrial estate, but never got over 40mph. Just wants going to risk anything. Even my mum found it as easy to drive as her Honda Jazz!

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Is thatthe one with the VW 130BHP TDi engine in it ??

I heard they were fast alright !! ;)

I wonder if the owner knows people are out in it like that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I wonder if the owner knows people are out in it like that haha

.......you can tell him when you see it in Puerto Banus !! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

He has trade plates on it too, "strange" if it's himself driving it and not someone in the motor trade. Good to see some things in this country never change, a chap with 2k or so to pay on a cheapo import he takes in from the UK gets it seized yet someone else can potter around with plates on it that are solely for use by the motor trade.

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote: »
    .......you can tell him when you see it in Puerto Banus !! ;)
    haha, I was suppose to be going back on the 26th of this month but looks like I'll have to cancel and wont be back there till Jan, maybe it'll be there then. It'd be good to see it out and about.

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    He has trade plates on it too, "strange" if it's himself driving it and not someone in the motor trade. Good to see some things in this country never change, a chap with 2k or so to pay on a cheapo import he takes in from the UK gets it seized yet someone else can potter around with plates on it that are solely for use by the motor trade.

Read the post I quoted above - the 'garage' was driving it, the owner being resident in Spain and knowing about his relatives coming for a look-see.

Advertisement