Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave

Options
  • 07-11-2007 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I was chatting to the people at ripwave, who informed me that i cannot use the ripwave for wireless internet in the house, is this true? Or are they just tryna flog me a landline connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If they provide the USB only Ripwave modem then you cannot connect it to a wireless router. If you get the one with an Ethernet port then you can, but it may be against their terms of service to do so. You don't want to go sharing a Ripwave connection as the speeds are bad enough for a single user already without having multiple people on it. You probably don't want Ripwave either as it's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

TBH...I've had the 512kbps Ripwave service for the last year and it was crap when I got it first. Prob fasted speed I got was 10kb/s...and that was late at night. Strangely it has really picked up in the last 3 months. Am getting 40-50kb/s at night and 30-40kb/s during the day so it seems to me they may have upgraded their service in certain areas. I'm now even thinking of upgrading to the 1MB ripwave service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

Right, im not sure if i wanna risk that, i certainly wouldnt be happy if we were only getting 10kb/s between us

Well as I said...that was a year ago. At this very moment I'm downloading a file at 52kb/s through HTTP. DC & Torrents seems to be fairly slow for the last few months though so it seems they're throttled but other than that I'm actually really happy with it...for once! :D You might be able to buy it and test it out. If the speed is really bad you could return it. Do ask first tho cause I'm not sure if IBB give a trial period.

Shouldn't have opened my mouth...someone from IBB has to be reading these pages! As soon as I left my last post yesterday guess what...my speed is back down to 5-10kbs today regardless of what time of the day it is. Just goes to show the ripwaves service IS rubbish. So smooth operater, don't get it at all costs. I certainly won't be getting the 1MB package now...:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement