Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Paseo

Options
  • 07-11-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Been considering getting one for my 21st birthday (unfortunately I'll be paying for the vast majority of it) and wanted to know people's opinion of them.
    They're built on a starlet if im not mistaken, so should be quite reliable right?
    I'm around 5'10 so I wont have any trouble in that regard should I?

There's one on carzone/cbg that takes my fancy but I think the price is typically high.

I've checked the insurance on quinn and its coming to ~900 for the 1.5 ST which is lower than if I get insured on a 1.3 Cynos or even the 1.4 Almera I currently drive, which seems a little odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

some insurance companies load premims on Japanese imports, regardless of whether they're less powerful then the European version. The 1.3 Cynos is only 4 speed AFAIK. 1.5 is the one to get.
    I think I saw an 02 Paseo on carzone a few weeks ago, which is unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ya I think I remember seeing that alright, was around the €6k mark IIRC, but as you said very unusual to see an 02.

Thanks for the insurance/4 speed info. Appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it looks a bit dated for the price wouldnt ya say., it wouldnt be my first thought if i was looking for a car and you might find it hard to get parts for it aswell.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

vtec wrote:
    it looks a bit dated for the price wouldnt ya say., it wouldnt be my first thought if i was looking for a car and you might find it hard to get parts for it aswell.,

What would you go for yourself? Ha and before you answer I wont get insurance on a 1.6 Civic!
    Uses the starlet running gear so parts should be ok I think, im certainly no expert though so ill look into that.

Insurance looks good and its supposedly pokey enough. I know I could get one from england for about half the price advertised and prob a year or two younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look at the Hyundai Coupe. The 1.6 shouldn't be too much more expensive to insure than the Paseo thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the Paseo is much better to drive and less flakey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    What would you go for yourself? Ha and before you answer I wont get insurance on a 1.6 Civic!
    Uses the starlet running gear so parts should be ok I think, im certainly no expert though so ill look into that.

Insurance looks good and its supposedly pokey enough. I know I could get one from england for about half the price advertised and prob a year or two younger.

lol., im not that purist!, well maybe i am but i do like other cars though even the smaller engine honda's are quite quick, you'll also have no trouble getting parts for one,.,
    ive worked on a lot of jap import toyota's and found it a nightmare to get parts for some them, like the soarer and the sprinter GT apex for instance, im still looking for a steering column for one of those.,
    nothing against it though if thats what you like, although i would want it a bit cheaper.,;)

Advertisement