Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS US version

Options
  • 07-11-2007 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    wondering if anyone would know if an american Nintendo DS would accept games bought in Ireland?

Or would it be a different format etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Should work fine, the DS has no region lockouts AFAIK. I have a load of Japanese cards that I use in my Irish DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

excellent - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

All DS units and DS games are completely region free. That means that any games from any region will work with no problems.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

anyone know if 'Brain Age' is the same as 'Brain Training' as in the Nintendo DS lite games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yep they are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 PatF

AFAIK They are different but brain training was based on brain age is pretty much the same game customised for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Are there any charging issues with an American DS? Could you simply plug in a European charger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

use the american charger with a plug adapter.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cheers KdjaCL. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Hi
    Is there a euro version of the Brain Age 2, the one I got has dollars!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

KdjaCL wrote: »
    use the american charger with a plug adapter.
    Does that definitely work? No voltage conversion, just a plain old 2-pin to 3-pin adapter? Everybody seems to have a different answer for this question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

A UK recharger will work in an American DS as I got an American Nintento GBA and it works with a recharger I got in Game here.
    The games from any country work in the DS - I have usd american and asian games that i bought on the net.

Advertisement