Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matter (Culture novel not yet published)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

cool, yeah i really like the culture novels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I found out about the new book from Iain M Banks the same day I found out that Terry Pratchett has Alzheimers, talk about tragedy and joy all in the same day.

But roll on the new Culture book, more ironic ship names (my fave "Frank Exchange Of Views" for a warship!), more psychopathic drones, more people with dodgy personal historys and far too many names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ...But roll on the new Culture book, more ironic ship names (my fave "Frank Exchange Of Views" for a warship!), more psychopathic drones, more people with dodgy personal historys and far too many names!

LOL! Maybe you should write one yourself, CiDeRmAn. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, perhaps "Lack of due care and attention" for a warship.
    It's hard coming up with names equal to Mr. Banks himself, why doesn't everyone have a go?
    Just make sure there is a hint of irony about them, maybe a pinch of smug too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just stumbled across this on Amazon now.

Man, I love Bank's books on the culture. Look to Windward was a real return to form.

Advertisement