Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin 15 do you live (again!)

Options
  • 07-11-2007 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

Now that we've got the forum up and running a while and it seems to be attracting people, it would be interesting to see how geographical spread out, or concentrated, our posters are. It's not a public poll, just in case someone has particular concerns about revealing where they live.

Where do you live? 55 votes

Blanchardstown
    0% 0 votes
    Castleknock
    5% 3 votes
    Coolmine
    27% 15 votes
    Clonsilla
    7% 4 votes
    Mulhuddart
    21% 12 votes
    Tyrellstown
    9% 5 votes
    Ongar
    5% 3 votes
    Clonee
    7% 4 votes
    Hartstown
    9% 5 votes
    Other (please specify)
    7% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Clonsilla. West Clonsilla. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Porterstown ;)

previously Coolmine baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mulhuddart, well grew up there, living in Santry now, but still pop home the odd time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Castleknock by postal address, but physically nearer to Ashtown. In fact Ashtown has basically separated this area from Castleknock proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

About as close to Coolmine station as you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I live in Atari Jaguar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

deswalsh wrote: »
    Castleknock by postal address, but physically nearer to Ashtown. In fact Ashtown has basically separated this area from Castleknock proper.

I went to a mate's party which he told me was in Castleknock, when I got there I was in Ashtown, went to another mate's gaf and he told me we were in Castleknock but as soon as I turned the corner going home I was at the Carpenter's Inn or whatever it's called in Carpenterstown.

Anyway what's the deal with all this lying, it's not even on the south side, c'mon like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It depends on what the deeds of the house say.
    Techincally all of dublin 15 is with in the Barony of castleknock :)
    The deeds and postal address say Clonsilla but most would say it is not as it is off the blakestown road.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Clonee here, but not really as Clonee is in Meath so technically Castaheany, but not the estate that's actually called Castaheany....

Oh sod this, I live in Dublin 15, near the Meath border. :) Why are addresses made so complicated in this country? It would be easier to give my feckin' coordinates... 53° 24' N, 6° 25' W. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I am the same as you PauloMN !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

close enough to the clonsilla inn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

PauloMN wrote: »
    Clonee here, but not really as Clonee is in Meath so technically Castaheany, but not the estate that's actually called Castaheany....

Ditto, Castaheany myself, though my family are from Clonsilla Village and i lived there for near 30 years before moving to Castaheany a few years ago.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Ashtown ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Inglewood(In the hood)/Clonsilla

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ashtown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I used to live in Willow Wood from 1986 till about 2004 my house faced Inglewood but that can no longer happen as the Ongar feeder road from Hartstown now splits that little field that was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Clonee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

PauloMN wrote: »

Oh sod this, I live in Dublin 15, near the Meath border. :) Why are addresses made so complicated in this country? It would be easier to give my feckin' coordinates... 53° 24' N, 6° 25' W. :D

Yep Im the same,our address is Cataheany,but not the estate.Its easier to say Clonee to people rather then Castaheany,cause nobody nows were I do be talking about.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I went for a drive up through Ongar for a gander the other night and I was stunned at how many developements and estates there are up there and how they round out towards the clonee slip road. So that is where all the traffic comes from :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I went for a drive up through Ongar for a gander the other night and I was stunned at how many developements and estates there are up there and how they round out towards the clonee slip road. So that is where all the traffic comes from :)

Yup, nearly big enough for it's own forum now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

I use to live in Blakestown but I recently moved to Wicklow and I can't tell you how happy I was to get out of that dump :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

Roselawn in Blanchardstown, nice enough area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Mulhuddart/Huntstown, near enough to the Huntstown school - lived in D15 for 17 years. Roselawn and Huntstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Thaedydal wrote: »

Get outta our part o' town. We dont like your type around here! :):D

Ongar meself--well ravenswood to be precise and I can be found scootering up the Ongar road everyday to work so no worries about traffic for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TragicJohnson

I too live in Ravenswood, although I am not sure where that is.

The estate agent said its Clonsilla, Bord Gais says it Castaheany, and Lets Eat In wouldn't deliver to me until I admitted Ravenswood was in Clonee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

From Clonsilla myself.
    I too live in Ravenswood, although I am not sure where that is. Lets Eat In wouldn't deliver to me until I admitted Ravenswood was in Clonee!

Ah well your not missing out on much.

It has not been the same since it re-opened and jacked up the prices in 06. I have stopped using it, as it's far to hit and miss and the staff are not interested when they get something wrong with your order.

Great shame, as it was fantastic when it went under the name of "3 in 1".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ive lived in Castlecurragh in Mulhuddart for the last 5 1/2 years.. Really want to get out of the area now though.. Too much anti social behaviour..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Postal address says Castleknock, if I'm giving directions i'll say Carpenterstown, but I could probably hit Porterstown church with a stone from my back garden (exaggeration).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Carpenterstown for me too. Laverna is the estate. Postal address is Castleknock though so I'll go with that option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Postal address says Castleknock, if I'm giving directions i'll say Carpenterstown, but I could probably hit Porterstown church with a stone from my back garden (exaggeration).

Hello neighbour, I live about 150 meters from the church in Porterstown on the church side of the road:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement