Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin 15 do you live (again!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

My road is Carpenterstown but my address has Castleknock on it but my parish is Porterstown (st mochtus - bad spelling).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Kinda on the outskirts of Mulhuddart, heading towards Clonee..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Castleknock. So not living in Blanchardstown like.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why the heck isn't Carpenterstown in that poll.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

RasTa wrote: »

It is, it's under Other (please specify) ;)

There's a maximum of 10 items to a poll, so I just went for the ones I thought most obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RasTa wrote: »

You should just say you live in Castleknock, that's what most people living in Carpenterstown do. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

PauloMN wrote: »
    You should just say you live in Castleknock, that's what most people living in Carpenterstown do. ;)

Yeah why not, go for it, sure everyone in D15 lives in Castleknock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Tyrrelstown for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I lived near Corduff for 25 years and glad to get out of it. Live in Fairview now and it is so much better with lots of buses, schools, parks that haven't got locked gates on them (Waterville) etc. Trying to get anywhere from Blanchardstown is a nightmare, I only have to get up now at the time I used to have to leave the house in Blanchardstown to get into town for the same time. The only thing I miss is being able to walk to a nearby big shopping centre but it's a small price to pay in my mind.
    I would be pretty sceptical about the new phoenix park train station too with so much traffic already on the road it doesn't seem worthwhile trying to drive to that train station to wait for a train that will probably be completely packed, in fact you mightn't even get on. Ok rant over, Blanch sucks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 universeo

Come on folks lets have a heated debate about whether it is right or wrong to consider carpenterstown as castleknock.

People always seem to get very passionate about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why not start a new thread ?

As for which a house is the deeds will tell you.
    But that is all to change if the split of what is called currently castleknock goes head into
    Castleknock east
    Castleknock west
    Castleknock.

Techinallly all of the greater D15 area is Castleknock as it falls in the Barony of Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Thaedydal wrote: »

But that is all to change if the split of what is called currently castleknock goes head into
    Castleknock east
    Castleknock west
    Castleknock.

Techinallly all of the greater D15 area is Castleknock as it falls in the Barony of Castleknock.

Very true, Castleknock is one of the countries greats urban sprawl;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

universeo wrote: »
    Come on folks lets have a heated debate about whether it is right or wrong to consider carpenterstown as castleknock.

People always seem to get very passionate about it

I cant say I've noticed anyone get heated about it tbh. Your address is what it is. Carpenterstown is Castleknock as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 universeo

Thats strange 'deswalsh' as i have met many people that tell me that 'carpo' is not in castleknock...even from someone i met in the U.S. tbh i agree with you, since i was a child it has always been castleknock in my address but sometime in the last few years it seems that some people get annoyed when carpenterstown is included. i have to admit it seems like an issue of snobbery that can only make you laugh.:rolleyes:
    Actually 'deswalsh' you should check out tis forum i stumbled across to see what i mean: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=6139

Yes i heard about changes to the boundaries or something a long while back. Does anyone know when/if the changes will come into effect or maybe have a link to information on the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Me.A stones throw from the graveyard in clonsilla.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Woo, off the Clonsilla Road at Coolmine Woods!

Me.A stones throw from the graveyard in clonsilla.:eek:

There's a graveyard in Clonsilla?

Yup attached to St Mary's Anglican church.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/546391

Cheers Thaed. I'm rarely down that way and never noticed it on the odd occasion I was.

There are more small graveyards in the d15 area then most people think.
    That one has some very intresting headstones if anyone is into the whole making rubbings of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Originally from Delwood, but bought a house in Pinebrook, which is just off the huntstown road, about 4yrs ago

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Moved into St Mochtas 3 years ago. A couple of neighbours have their address as "Coolmine Lodge".:rolleyes: I prefer Clonsilla myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭confused-dazed

Castleknock east
    Castleknock west
    Castleknock
    if i remember correctly this was put in the community voice earlier on this year ,only to be revealed in the following edition as an april fools joke. made great publicity though and got people talking about what lengths people would go to to use "castleknock, dublin 15" as their postal address

NEver saw a retraction on that, any chance you can link to it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yup attached to St Mary's Anglican church.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/546391

Also the Irish crown jewels where supposed to be buried there for a while after they where stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

universeo wrote: »
    Thats strange 'deswalsh' as i have met many people that tell me that 'carpo' is not in castleknock...even from someone i met in the U.S.

Tbh anyone who calls it 'Carpo' probably thinks they're 'too mad' to live in Castleknock with the 'snobs'. Calling it 'Carpo' is usually a skanger thing in my experience.

Castleknock was always part of my address anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Between deeds, neighbours, bills and nearest train station, my address could be Castleknock, Clonsilla, Coolmine or Blanchardstown.

Geographically it's Coolmine though so that's what I use. My parents use Clonsilla and my next door neighbours use Blanchardstown.

I used to live in Briarwood in Mulhuddart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ken Corla

The traditional rule of thumb is - The address is Castleknock if you are buying or selling a house. Otherwise you live in Carpenterstown/Blanchardstown/Laurel Lodge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Ken Corla wrote: »
    The traditional rule of thumb is - The address is Castleknock if you are buying or selling a house. Otherwise you live in Carpenterstown/Blanchardstown/Laurel Lodge etc.

Very wise!

I live in Delwood, would always call it Castleknock but who am I kidding. I'm definitely a Happy Blanchie.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tbh anyone who calls it 'Carpo' probably thinks they're 'too mad' to live in Castleknock with the 'snobs'. Calling it 'Carpo' is usually a skanger thing in my experience.

Castleknock was always part of my address anyway.

castleknock ends at laurel lodge and you know it :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement