Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin 15 do you live (again!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 universeo

Well tbh i think laurel lodge and carpenterstown are practically the one place. There are no defined boundary features between them and i'd say most people could hardly tell you when one becomes the other. I mean, carpenterstown park is in the laurel lodge parish of St.Thomas. So, i think if you say laurel lodge is in/is not in castleknock, then you'd have to say the same of carpenterstown.

Also i think the most natural boundary for castleknock to the west would be the canal/railway. Some people say the M50, fair enough but on the other hand if you drive from the village around by castleknock college and on into carpenterstown there's no obvious boundary or sign that would suggest a new town or area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

D'you think I'd get away with callin' Lohunda Castleknock?:cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd say that's stretching things just a bit too far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Look at the townlands map to find out where you really are...

http://maps.fingalcoco.ie/LocationPublisher/Layout1.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

From Cabra originally but recently moved to Ongar,for fiancial and location reasons,hate the place,boring,no character,phoney,nothing to do,no pubs,just one big commercial concrete jungle,I think Im the only Irish person that lives there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Nope you're not. I live in Ongar too and so do quite a lot of other Irish people from where I work. :) You are right about Ongar sucking though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Alice1 wrote: »
    D'you think I'd get away with callin' Lohunda Castleknock?:cool:

The new Local Electral Area (LEA) boundaries have being drawn up (but not yet put into law). With Lohunda in the Castleknock LEA and Lohunda Park just across the Shelerin Road, in the Mulhuddart LEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh yeah! I'm in Castleknock after all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

i deliver chinese to almost all these areas, apart from wellview in mulhuddart and ongar. to me castleknock ends at the roundabout behind domino's and the church. used to live in lohunda and westend village. one big concrete jungle and am glad to now live in enfield away from the rat race

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

I used to live in Deerpark, Castleknock with my folks.

When I lived in Deerpark I used to say that once you cross the train tracks you've left Castleknock!! I changed my opinion when I moved to Delwood.

Now I live in Delwood, Castleknock. ;)

I agree with what others have said re addressing... It could be Clonsilla, Blanchardstown, Castleknock etc depending on which utility bill I have in my hand.

The land registry records the area as Castleknock so I'll stick with that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

poindexter wrote: »
    i deliver chinese to almost all these areas, apart from wellview in mulhuddart and ongar. to me castleknock ends at the roundabout behind domino's and the church. used to live in lohunda and westend village. one big concrete jungle and am glad to now live in enfield away from the rat race

hey... what's wrong with wellview? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

HPT wrote: »

When I lived in Deerpark I used to say that once you cross the train tracks you've left Castleknock!! I changed my opinion when I moved to Delwood.

Now I live in Delwood, Castleknock. ;)

Haha this is gas!! I also live in Delwood, and there's always that awkward moment, where I say I'm from Castleknock, and somebody goes "oh me too...where abouts?" PANIC...HOW TO EXPLAIN?!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

there's always that awkward moment, where I say I'm from Castleknock, and somebody goes "oh me too...where abouts?" PANIC...HOW TO EXPLAIN?!

Follow the Castleknock Road in the direction of Blanchardstown, turn left into Roselawn before you get to Blanch, then first left and you're on Delwood Road! ;)

Ta-daaa :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Delwood is Blanchardstown. Roselawn is Blanchardstown.

Fergus Lynch did a piece on it a few years ago in the community voice paper.

Paying for a house with castleknock in the address when it doesn't belong could be costly :)

PS: Corduff was in the parish and barony of Castleknock at one stage, could I jump on the bandwagon too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

A hardened Blanchie obviously.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

A hardened Blanchie obviously.....!

Only if you believe what the papers tell you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They should rename all of D.15 Castleknock and be done with it.

This thread is from 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

carpenterstown for the win!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BostonB wrote: »
    This thread is from 2008!

Sorry, missed that bit of thread necromancy. If there's a need for a more current thread someone can start it, but I'm closing this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement