Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't activate/Upgrade Vista

• 07-11-2007 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

If I call Microsoft they would probably sort me out, but I wanted to share this here just in case somebody came across this and found a solution.

I have installed a brand new Vista business N edition (Without Media player) and then activated it with my MSN passort a month ago.

Then yesterday Vista told me this is not a Genuine version bla bla I have to enter the product key and register.
    So I enter the product key (Comes from my Microsoft Action Pack) and it refuses it saying this is not a product key for Vista N Edition. Alright ok fair enough I though that would work, but obviously not, although my key is for Business edition.

So I login, can't get to my desktop, it only opens Internet Explorer to the online catalog to buy the product. So from IE I try to start setup.exe from the vista DVD and I got an error that it can't find the autorun.dll (Probably because Vista runs in limited mode).

So fair enough I reboot Vista and insert the DVD to perform an upgrade from "Vista Business N" to "Vista Business". The installer tells me to perform an upgrade I have to do it from Vista. So I can't move further.

I am bit stuck lol, I have got files on this laptop.

Any idea guys?

Thanks

Advertisement