Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant SCR4

Options
  • 07-11-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm a novice and am thinking about getting a racer. I'd prefer to buy one from a dealer and the giant seems to be the best bike in my price range (600 limit). Does anyone have any experience with this bike (or its predecessors/bigger brothers). Essentially i'm wondering is it any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i got an scr 3 about a month ago. its my first road bike but its really nice to ride and its very light

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Ive last years scr4 as a trainig bike and have found it great. It might not be the lightest bike around but takes a fair bit of punishement. I have used it on 4 hour training rides around wicklow mounatains and for some commuting. No problems at all. The frame is the same as the rest of the much higher specced, higher priced SCR range...

All in all a great starter bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

The Giant SCR range are a good starter bike, there are better than the previous OCR range. The only thing wrong with them would be the tyres which are fairly basic and not very puncture resistant, but all in all a good starter bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

the scr3 works out at just under €600 from wiggle

Great bike but order puncture resistant tyres with it

E@gle. wrote: »
    The Giant SCR range are a good starter bike, there are better than the previous OCR range. The only thing wrong with them would be the tyres which are fairly basic and not very puncture resistant, but all in all a good starter bike.

I have not actually had any trouble with the standard continentals that came on the bike - Not a single puncture in over 3500km...interesting, i guess I have just been lucky...

Guaranteed to punture this weekend now that ive said that.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

i've had mine 4 weeks and got 2. But then i cycle through a glass recycling plant (or at least thats what it feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You rode 3500km without changing your tyres........ emmmmmm

woops the tyres were changed to gatorskins after 350km....not 3500

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

thought so - I find 2000km is the limit for a set of tyres regardless of how good they are.

get yourself a set of there bad boys and it the sally gap :D - guaranteed no punctures.

http://www.goodyear.com.au/TyreDetailAction.do?website=GYR&mtpcode=00431&from=nPerPage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Hmmm, I think I’ve done 3500km on my Schwalbe cityjet tyres. One puncture months ago. They still seem fine…..should I worry now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

tunney wrote: »
    You rode 3500km without changing your tyres........ emmmmmm
    I have well over 10k on Armadillos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Try the Trek 1000, its a very nice entry level bike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Wheelworx

Hmmm, I think I’ve done 3500km on my Schwalbe cityjet tyres. One puncture months ago. They still seem fine…..should I worry now?

Check for cuts and wear around the tyre, if there is not too much wear/damage keep going.
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dazman2250

Cheers for the advice lads, much appreciated. I reckon i'm gonna go for the giant alright.

Advertisement