Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting advice please

Options
  • 07-11-2007 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm desperate for help on this.

I am looking at a new position based near Pearse street. Problem is I have to drop my daughter at school in the morning. The earliest I can do this is 0825 which means I can't catch the 8.30 dart. Could I make the 8.55 dart from bray leaving greystones at 8.25/8.30?

There's a bus that picks up from the Fire station - does anyone know how close it goes to Pearse Street and what time it gets in?

Any suggestions how I could get in for 9.30?

..or does anyone have a helicopter :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Depends on how you propose getting from Greystones to Bray. There's a 184 and an 84 at around 8:30 from Greystones station, but neither makes the 8:55 Dart very often.

The 84 would get you to Pearse Station (stops directly across Westland Row) but I doubt it would get you there in an hour, especially as the traffic will start to get heavier as we approach Christmas.

I don't know if there's another 84X around that time, but that would get you to Stephen's Green in about an hour as it doesn't stop at every stop. You could check www.dublinbus.ie for times.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks Mike. It all sounds a bit hopeless at the moment. If only that dart left at 8.35!

I'd drive to Bray. Can you do it door to door (8.30 - 8.55) at that time of the morning?

Is that the same bus that stops at the fire station?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Not to be doom & gloom but I work in Bray and sometimes it can take a good 1/2 hr to get there (and I don't have to be there until 9.15). Also, there is very little parking, paid or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That's about the time they pass the station, I'm afraid.

You would probably make it to Bray in 25 mins, but you could spend time trying to find parking.

Not looking so great then :(

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bloggj

last 84x leaves greystones about 7.55am and gets into town just after 9am. best bet might be to drive from gstones to the likes of ucd/montrose or foxrock/deansgrange and park and then pick up a bus into town. leaving at 8.30 from gstones traffic may be a bit i say a bit lighter and then bus into town from ucd is ten mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Parking and traffic in Bray can be a nightmare, but there are a few estates at my end - the Shankill side - where you could possibly dump the car for the day. The bus can easily take 50 minutes into town, depending on which one you get.

Thanks for all taking the time to post. Well it turned out to be impossible. Such as shame as it was a fantatsic job.

Advertisement