Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Biking Wicklow

Options
  • 07-11-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Any one know some decent trails in Wicklow that would be good to kick off mountain biking ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

It has been a long time since I have done any mountain biking, so I can't point you at any routes, but I would recommend that you join a mountain biking club to start. That way you'll obviousl get to learn decent routes with them but, more importantly, you'll have company/help if you have the misfortune of coming a cropper during a ride. You obviously don't really want to be thinking about the worst case scenario of a bad crash, but it is always a risk and one of the significant side benefits of going out with a bunch is that support. Besides, bike riding is more fun with a bunch too.

MAD (Mountainbiking Association of Dublin) is one of the options and their website gives info on meeting times and places: http://www.madmtb.com/

Advertisement