Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a copy of Planning Permission

Options
  • 07-11-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - if so please move :o

Theres a new Pub just opened nearby to where I have bought and although theres no noise coming from the inside of the Pub as such, they have located their smoking area out the back (which backs on to an apartment block).

We are tracking the noise and have been in talks with the local councils Environmental Health department who so far have been out to see the Pub a couple of times. They have instructed the Mgmt not to install heat lamps,tables etc (anything that would make people stay out there longer) but have since heard the Pub are going to install them anyway :mad:

The Environmental Health people (as are the residents affected) find it hard to believe the pub was given planning consent for a smoking area so close to a residential block (people from one part of the pub smoke in the front, the other part out the back, ideally we'd like them to all smoke out front).

Basically I am looking for a copy of the planning consent to see if theres any mention of a smoking area, I have been told orginally the back was for a loading bay only. . . want to see if the Pub are doing something they shoulnt be (in allowing people to smoke out the back).

Does anyone know where you can get this from (or any other pointers on how to deal with this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kane

You can try the website of your county council.

For example, if it is South Dublin County Council then try:
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=123&deptid=11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Kane wrote: »
    You can try the website of your county council.

For example, if it is South Dublin County Council then try:
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=123&deptid=11

It is SDCC - looked on their site but couldnt find anything :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

Have you tried going into the Planning Office? It can sometimes take up to two weeks for the applications to appear online....well at least in DCC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Have a look at the legislation. If memory serves there's a clause that states that people must be a certain distance from the pub's doors before they're allowed smoke. That may be enough to make the beer garden of insufficient size to comply with the legislation. I doubt if they need planning permission for outdoor seating, heat lamps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

go into your local county council website, go to online planning, up the top you should see something along the lines of 'search planning applications'. click into that and you should see a number of options up the top. if you have the planning file number, click into file search. if you don't have that but have the name of the pub or the owner then click into name search or development description. enter the details and press search. when you locate the planning file you need click into it. just above the file details you should see a link for 'view all files associated with this file'. click into that. it will have all documentation associated with the planning application , from the original application form to the final decision and any conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can go into the public office in the council's planning department and inspect the file.

If you want, you can even buy copies of the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,789 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Get the planning permission file first. Then go from there. The instructions above should work.

Read the PP carefully.

If you find that they have PP for a loading bay, then you can get the council to serve a planning enforcement notice on them.

Because there's a licensed premises at issue, this could get time-consuming and expensive. You really need to get the residents/owners on board to sort this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

You really need to get the residents/owners on board to sort this.

Theres quite a few people affected and we are all keen to get 'on board' to get something sorted.

Emailed the SDCC today and a lady came back with the 3 planning ref numbers relating to this pub. . will have a look online using those and if I have no luck there I'll call up and see if I can view them in person.

Thanks for your help guys :cool:

Advertisement