Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats better FM07 or FM 08?

Options
  • 07-11-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

I recently bought FM08 and I have to say I hate it with a passion! I have all of the previous FM games and my record with them is quite impressive seen as though I don't cheat and the fact that I'm Middlesbrough!!! (Southgate for the sack before its too late!!!)

But for some reason this year my tactics don't seem to work, the players I buy no matter how good they are don't perform and with having 30 shots at goal with no goals scored and having an unbelieveable amount of goals disallowed I keep finding myself near the relegation zone and conceeding an average of 3 goals per game.

Is it only me or does everyone else feel the same way!!!

Have you noticed a huge diference in the gameplay between FM07 and FM08 for the worse 23 votes

Yes my tactics don't seem to be working aswell either
    0% 0 votes
    No you're just over reacting
    34% 8 votes
    Sure what do I know I cheat anyway!!!
    65% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Might just be you lol, I haven't noticed any sorta difficulty spike at all, although disallowed goals are extremely annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

So you're complaining because it's realistic!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, besides the huge amount of disallowed goals, seems fairly realistic to me, brought everton to 5th in my first year and we pushed for champions league towards the end (which is pretty ok...)

Perhaps it's because middlesborough are crap??:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

okay i livin in the past aint got the new one yet is it worth gettin or is there much of a difference wi 07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I ran the patch before i started playing the game & theres hardly any disallowed goals.
    Started a new game with chelsea, standered 4-4-2 attacking & drogba has hit 38 league goals with 2 games to go :eek: (1 win to secure prem league)
    I find the wage negotiation a lot more realistic, in FM07 if a players contract was running out & he was on €60k you could get him to sign a new one on €49 & reduce your wagebill, on 08 you better give them what they want or your snubbed!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

$lattman wrote: »
    So you're complaining because it's realistic!?

Are regular 5-5 draws and 5-2 wins or losses realistic?????? 30 odd shots on goal none scored and 4 dissallowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

chdpoker wrote: »
    Are regular 5-5 draws and 5-2 wins or losses realistic?????? 30 odd shots on goal none scored and 4 dissallowed.

get the patch

evil_seed wrote: »
    get the patch

Is the patch a proper one or is it a beta still? Also (it's been a long time since i played these games) if i install the patch can i continue with my game, or do i have to start again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭cudman

I waited for a while and went to the sigames forums for feedback before buying. It has all been so negative I didnt bother buying it. Im still playing 07 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

kinda regret pickin it up, played as Arsenal twice and valencia once, bought players who should be good (huntelaar, frey, enke, van der vaart, and even david villa (to arsenal)) and they all constantly underperform and have goals disallowed left right and centre, patch or no patch. the idea of the bonusues has no impact whatsoever, and man united have lost about five games in the three seasons ive played. waaaayy overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

why is it only some people are getting this problem??

chdpoker wrote: »
    why is it only some people are getting this problem??

Is it possible that some people are over-reacting?

Advertisement