Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game bomardment these two months

Options
  • 07-11-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hi guys could anyone give a link of the games coming out for next 2 months on all formats :) as there are so many games coming out and i want to make my mind up on which ones to get.

hope ye can help.

also what games are ye getting ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Must haves are Call of Duty 4, The Orange Box, Mass Effect, Assasins Creed, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3(out in EU soon?), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Plenty of other pretty big games coming out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

has the new hitman game(diffent name) gotten any good views?

as it stands now gona be getting cod4,mass effect,assisns creed,crycis,?????,????,?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Go to play.com, games and release schedule. You can do it by format too. Its gospel for me at the mo for releases.

http://www.play.com/Games/Games/6-/ComingSoon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

awhir wrote: »
    has the new hitman game(diffent name) gotten any good views?
    No reviews yet but tbh it looking pretty good but not AAA :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a feeling that Kane and Lynch is going to be superb. Io Interactive haven't produced a bad game and the Hitman series and Freedom Fighters have been brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Metroid Prime 3(out in EU soon?)

It's out right now and has been for nearly two weeks. :o Mario Galaxy is the only one for me tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah, WTH is going on in the gaming industry. This has to be the single heaviest bombardment of games that I can remember. Its like it started with a trickle and its turned into a flood? I blame global warming :rolleyes: I was thinking about getting a console before the holidays, but now I have such a backlog of games I won't be bothering, in fact i'm starting to cut back by genre, I wanted to get into more RTS and RPG games but there is simply too many games coming out that I won't have the time.
    To check out whats being released I go here:

http://www.gamespot.com/newthisweek.html

You can sort the results by format, search by genre, look ahead to see when a game will be released... etc. I'd be lost without it

Just last week I got Hellgate: London and Timeshift, this week i've got Gears of War, CoD4 and F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, next week it will be
    Crysis, Need for Speed ProStreet, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Beowulf. BlackSite: Area 51, Soldier of Fortune: Payback and Sega Rally Revo

*L31mr0ds head explodes*

AGGGHHH... too many games not enough time :confused:

too many games = to much $ :D

so this week = COD4

next week=Assassin's Creed,Mass Effect ,Crysis

week after=Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

adding them up its gona cost me around 160-200e.

too many games = too much bandwidth ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Assassins Creed just got an extremely positive write up for first impressions from eurogamer. Now I have to decide if I should play it or mario galaxy first on the 16th :(

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    too many games = too much bandwidth ;)

:o i dont have a clue what ur talking about :p

cheak my total price :rolleyes: you will be amazed ;)

ok smiles off *

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Assassins Creed just got an extremely positive write up for first impressions from eurogamer. Now I have to decide if I should play it or mario galaxy first on the 16th :(

Glad it got some good first impressions. I kind of had this doubt in my mind that they could pull it off, and still have this slight fear of disapointment. I am still extremely enthusiastic about it (definitely a first day buy if the reviews are up to scratch) but I always thought there was a small chance they could fudge it up somehow.

Probably will have to wait til Christmas to get a Wii. Wont be able to go into a gameshop or go online for like 2 months with all those brand spanking new copies of Super Mario Galaxy taunting me...

Mass Effect is probably the only other really must have game I can think of. COD4 looks OK, but I think I need a break from shooters for a while, and COD3 didn't really impress me all that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Assassin's Creed is top of my list, then Uncharted, then Mass Effect.

Reviews pending of course but impressions have been very promising. Have Ratchet & Clank in the post, then Assassin's next week, will have to squeeze in CoD4 and probably Crysis at some point too. Then later on come Kane & Lynch, Haze, Uncharted and Mass Effect. I'll probably play Super Mario Galaxy when I'm home for Christmas (bought a Wii for my little brother but not for myself)

I actually want the Simpsons game too but no idea where I'll find time for it. There's various other games coming that I'd have considered at other times but just not enough time for them now.

Rather looking forward to Uncharted as well, could be the game that replaces Tomb Raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gamer TV did a review on uncharted. Looks sweet, reminds me of a cross between tombraider and Gears of war. don't think it'll replace TR, i think it'll have more action than TR, but not as much puzzles\traps as TR. It'll be similar but a different game.
    Debating between COD4 on PC or Ps3 at the mo, tough choice.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Good times indeed for gamers but I think in particular for PC gamers.

In the last few weeks I have picked up World In Conflict, The Witcher, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Enemy Territory Quake Wars, The Orange Box, Stranglehold, Medal Of Honor Airborne and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

Next on my hit list this Friday is Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 for PC both of which got great reviews from Eurogamer and Gamespot.
    Also out this week on PC is expansion pack Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

Next week looks like Solider of Fortune: Payback and Crysis.

Followed the week after by Unreal Tournament 3 and Kane and Lynch Dead Men. (Their is one OXM review for Kane and Lynch for the Xbox360 and they gave it 8.0 out of 10, the major gripe that stopped a really high score was the lack of online co-op, only a split screen offline co-op :( I hope the PC version will allow a lan co-op mode )

I'm also considering the F.E.A.R expansion Perseus Mandate as well as going back and getting the other Expansion Extraction Point which I missed.

Major upgrade to come to play all these games as well in the next month as well.

Alas Assassins Creed has been delayed till early next year on PC but if its good I'll pick it up as well.

Mass effect sounds good but I don't have an Xbox 360 to try it out on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hi guys could anyone give a link of the games coming out for next 2 months on all formats :) as there are so many games coming out and i want to make my mind up on which ones to get.

hope ye can help.

also what games are ye getting ?

www.gamefaqs.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^ that site right there provides release for all consoles and also tells you when a certain game is out in europe,south america and japan

enjoy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

COD3 didn't really impress me all that much.

Its not really impressing me either :P Bring on cod4 :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Its not really impressing me either :P Bring on cod4 :-D

CoD3 wasn't made by Infinity Ward, they outsourced it so they could concentrate on CoD4.
    There are lots of games I want and I signed up to gamesenders.ie, but I don't know where I'm going to fnd time to play anything other than CoD4 if the amount of time I spent on it during the beta is anything to go by!
    Still have to finish Zelda:Phanthom Hourglass as well and just returning C&C3:TW as I know I won't have the time to put into it.
    Assasins Creed and Mass Effect are looking really good too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I know if I buy all the games listed (which I want to) I won't be able to give them they time they deserve, so I'm buying just 1 and leaving the rest until after the Christmas sales.

So for the next few weeks I'm going star-hunting on Super Mario Galaxy...roll on the 16th :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

needless to point out that we all are happy to see them fight harder and harder in this consoles war:D

glad i only got a Wii,so that 3 games for this Xmas(metroid,mario,RE:UC),if i can wait long enough,they will be my presents:)

Cod4 so far is the only FPS looks good to me...never a FPS big fan tho...

that makes Assassin's creed higly seducing to me...emm...might stealing my cousin's x360 for awhile:D

keep it on ,x360!see if you are worthy enough to make me grab you home next year!
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I know if I buy all the games listed (which I want to) I won't be able to give them they time they deserve, so I'm buying just 1 and leaving the rest until after the Christmas sales.
    QUOTE]
    good thinking!:p but thats what i thinking last year...never gonna happen...:( they decide the price of the games depend on the demand...which you are likely to get sale price in next summer sales...geez...*i am referring big title games*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I'm just glad I don't have a PC that can play games. Already on the 'to do' list is, Half-Life 2, on-line Halo 3, Mass Effect, COD4 and Mario Galaxy.

There go my xmas holidays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

so this week = COD4

next week=Assassin's Creed,Mass Effect ,Crysis

week after=Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

adding them up its gona cost me around 160-200e.

Mass effect is the 23rd, pretty handy really considering how much time it's going to eat up... it'd be crap if it was released on the same day as Crysis and Mario Galaxy

A poster asked for release dates for games - I find the one on Eurogamer to be fairly handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ahannah

Here is the site that I use, it gives you all this months release dates, but you can brake it down to which ever console you have,
    there are nearly 250 games due out for all formats just in time for christmas,
    http://www.tothegame.com/monthlyreleases.asp

Genius, why didn't I think of this:

http://www.cad-comic.com/comic.php

Advertisement