Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis - Nvidia GeForce 7600

Options
  • 07-11-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi, I have a HP Laptop (dv9030ea). The Graphics Card is the Nvidia GeForce 7600.

When I the play Crysis Demo, I see a box in the top-left corner of the screen.

Looking on the boards, this seems to be a common problem, but I can't find the correct driver update.

I've tried HP Site, Nvidia Site and Google but haven't a clue which is the correct driver.

Is anyone else having a similar problem with Crysis? Is an Crysis update driver available for the 7600 on laptops?

Thanks for any help you could give.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Crysis sp demo on a laptop with a 7600 card isn't going to be a goer no matter what drivers you got unfortunately. Perhaps it runs with everything on low but whats the point. The games is with it's new dx10 features. Perhaps the official relaese will be a bit gentler, I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say the Go7600 should be capable of belting out 800x600 low-with maybe some medium....

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Eventually got it working.

On Low settings its fine - the Graphics are average but the gameplay isn't too bad. Not nearly as fluid as as Fear or HL2 though.

Its barely playable on Medium settings.

I'll play with the settings a bit more.

The drivers I got came from NotebookForum - they appear to be their own drivers for Nvidia.

Should I try different drivers to improve performance?

Thanks

K

Kenpo wrote: »
    Eventually got it working.

On Low settings its fine - the Graphics are average but the gameplay isn't too bad. Not nearly as fluid as as Fear or HL2 though.

Its barely playable on Medium settings.

I'll play with the settings a bit more.

The drivers I got came from NotebookForum - they appear to be their own drivers for Nvidia.

Should I try different drivers to improve performance?

Thanks

K

I'm surprised it runs at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

I had to un-install the video drivers but after that, the game played on Medium settings.

The Demo responds a little slow (and doesn't look amazing as High settings) but it still plays well. Not 100% certain I'll buy it though.

In fairness, my HP meets the minimum requirements so it should at least play ok.

• Advertisement

Kenpo wrote: »
    I had to un-install the video drivers but after that, the game played on Medium settings.

The Demo responds a little slow (and doesn't look amazing as High settings) but it still plays well. Not 100% certain I'll buy it though.

In fairness, my HP meets the minimum requirements so it should at least play ok.

The demo runs fine it just require a supercomputer to run it. It is the most demanding game ever. The quality actually goes to very high settings not just high. It wasn't until i installed to vista with dx10 and played it with a 8800 ultra card that i got to see it in all its glory. DX10 motion blurs, dept of field and hdr and aa all happening together...

On a 7600 laptop you will see none of that..the game is scalable bit it scales badly...the physics of the game are astounding...you'll be missing quite a bit of that also, aswell as shadows and whole lot of other stuff, you'll have slowdown all over the place also...I mean with my 8800gts the game would only allow me to slecet high and not very high settings...so what I'm saying is that you require a really top range computer and gpu to play this game the way it's meant to be seen and played...look at some online hd videos and you'll see what I'm talking about

Advertisement