Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for singers to create a small vocal group

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All

I'm a passionate choir singer (alto) and I'm looking for some people to create a nice vocal ensemble :-)

Leave a post if you are interested.

Dominika :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 superkid18

dominika wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm a passionate choir singer (alto) and I'm looking for some people to create a nice vocal ensemble :-)

Hey, my name Jonathan, i sing tenor, and i can sing some bass too, im kinda a all a rounder, anyway i would like to be in your group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dominika

superkid18 wrote: »
    Hey, my name Jonathan, i sing tenor, and i can sing some bass too, im kinda a all a rounder, anyway i would like to be in your group

Thanks Jonathan, so we are 2. I'll contact you once we are 4.

We still neen one soprano and a male voice. To all the others - Don't be shy:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

You might also like to post your request at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/choralireland/

Also, some more details (e.g. repetoire, standard, etc.) might attract more interest?? "Nice" is a bit vague :rolleyes:

mambo wrote: »
    You might also like to post your request at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/choralireland/

Also, some more details (e.g. repetoire, standard, etc.) might attract more interest?? "Nice" is a bit vague :rolleyes:

Good point Mambo! :)

I'm looking for people able to read music (let's say - grade 5). In regard to repertoire it really depends on the group. I have a classical background, but I'm open to jazz or other styles :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

dominika wrote: »
    Hi All

Have always thought I have a decent singing voice. After hearing an ad, on lyric fm, needing choir singers for Handel's Messiah, I spent the weekend trying to persuade my girlfriend to join up with me (even though she can't sing). Unfortunately, it turned out that the choir was actually in Limerick...and I'm in Dublin.

I can read music with a piano up to grade 6, but wouldn't think that I would be able to sing music from a sheet unless I had a piano infront of me, but I'll join up if you want me. Would love to belt out a rendition of Figaro.

Have you thought about Barbershop? I remember, early one evening in San Francisco, strolling down to the shops and stumbling upon the most sublime barbershop quartet in a very random street corner. These 4 very normal looking guys - no red and white striped shirts and caps either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Where would you guys be based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Yup I'd like to know where ye are based too. Im an experienced soprano, many years of training, currently based in Kerry and looking for something to get involved in. Im willing to travel if its not too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ericbruce

Back in the U.S. I sang in my church choir and in high school my show choir and concert choirs. Feel free to check me out at myspace.com/ericbjarrell and let me know if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jamieev

Hi, I'm a bass baritone with some choral experience. I also do some writing and would be very interested in a group that would be willing to try new, original pieces.

Dear All,

The group will be based in Dublin South, I'll contact you the beginning of 2008 to arrange a meeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Have always thought I have a decent singing voice. After hearing an ad, on lyric fm, needing choir singers for Handel's Messiah, I spent the weekend trying to persuade my girlfriend to join up with me (even though she can't sing). Unfortunately, it turned out that the choir was actually in Limerick...and I'm in Dublin.

I can read music with a piano up to grade 6, but wouldn't think that I would be able to sing music from a sheet unless I had a piano infront of me, but I'll join up if you want me. Would love to belt out a rendition of Figaro.

Have you thought about Barbershop? I remember, early one evening in San Francisco, strolling down to the shops and stumbling upon the most sublime barbershop quartet in a very random street corner. These 4 very normal looking guys - no red and white striped shirts and caps either!

Any information of Handel's Messiah in Limerick? Couldn't find the info on Lyric FM's website

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Since you mention Figaro, I presume you're male. Pretty much any choir would love to get their hands on a bass/baritone/tenor who can read music and who has at least a half-decent voice! You should find a choir that you like the look of and join up ASAP... :-)

See http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/choralireland/database?method=reportRows&tbl=1 for a (large) list of Irish choirs

If you like large-scale choral works, try http://www.rte.ie/performinggroups/rtephilharmonicchoir/howtojoin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Can I hijack this a bit (if you think I should start a seperate topic I will) to say that Im on the lookout for a female singer or singers to perform occasionally at church weddings. We are a well established group (Encore) but on occasion it can be difficult to get singers for midweek.

So if anyone in the Midlands is interested or knows of anyone who might be, they are welcome to join us to learn the programme and get an occasional gig.

Of course if they join us they can sing at all the other non-wedding events concerts, church etc)

Many thanks

h (Encore Choir director)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Hawthorn, I have been regularly singing at weddings (to date always solo) in the Munster area for a number of years, however the usual accompanist is now working on other projects and I have been looking for something like your group to get involved in. I have my own transport and am more than happy to travel to various locations. I am a soprano with a number of years training. If you think this might interest your group please drop me a PM.

Advertisement