Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Soundforge 7.0 problem

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have used Soundforge for a good while and I'm pretty familiar with it. However about a week ago I found a problem.

When I save a piece of audio, e.g. two bars of music for use as a loop, the program inserts a small piece of silence at the beginning and at the end. This means it's useless as a loop. I studied all the options in the "Save as" dialog but can't see anything relevant. I reinstalled the program but still the same problem. Any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sounds weird. I haven't had such problems in Sound Forge. Are you using loop or region markers in the file? Are you opening the audio file with another application that might be inserting the silence? What format are you saving the files in? How long is the silence?

If you can't solve the problem I can think of a workaround. Go to Special -> Edit Sample. Select Sustaining and click OK. You'll then see loop markers, move them to the beginning and end of the region you want looped. Save the file as WAV or AIFF. Depending on the DAW/playback sampler you are using, the loop might then be played back correctly even if the silence is inserted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

should only do that if youre bouncing to mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Masked Breton

Helix wrote: »
    should only do that if youre bouncing to mp3

Yes I am trying to save to mp3. I just saved to .wav instead and that worked fine. Is there no way to avoid this with .mp3?

The silence is approx 0.020 seconds.

The reason I'm avoiding .wav is because I was going to have this audio playing on a website (yes I know that's incredibly annoying).

@Cornbb : I tried your idea but it didn't work unfortunately

update: I just opened an old loop (it is .mp3 format). It also has the same amount of silence at both ends! It was not like that when I originally saved it because I would have noticed. At some point I must have changed a setting that's making this happen to all my .mp3s but I have no idea what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont think so unfortanately, the format writes a bit of silence at the start and end of tracks for some reason

Advertisement