Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyfermot HND in Film

• 07-11-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has done the HND in film in ballyfermot. Im thinking of applying for next year and just wondering how to go about putting together the portfolio. I mostly write and have a few scenes written for a feature and a couple of shorts. Don't have much experience with a camera but am hoping to film a few scenes before the deadline for the course. The BCFE website gives hardly any advice on what they require. Also would anyone be able to tell me about the interview?

any advice or info would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i studied film in ballyfermot the first year it started a film course. I understand that its run very well now.

For my interview i brought a showreel of stuff i had done, which was all obviously amateur. I also brought photos. i asked some techie questions etc.

however at the time the guy who interviewed me ran the TV course so i dont know what the interview is like now.

One of our films is on youtube. Unfortunately its split into 9 parts but heres the directors youtube page, you can take it from there. It was all pre the digital age!

http://ie.youtube.com/user/HalPippack

The short is called "Waiting for O'Brien". It made it into the Galway film festival. Note its full of bad language so i dont recommend blastin it on your speakers in work! Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

faceman wrote: »
    however at the time the guy who interviewed me ran the TV course so i dont know what the interview is like now.
    Was that John Moriarty? When I left Ballyfermot in 2004 he was running the film course as well, so he may well still be interviewing for it.

In my experience, put in a variety of things that show off your creativity. I had photos, scripts, graphic design work and video. It doesn't matter if it's not necessarily relevant as long as you can show yourself as being capable of creating content. But be sure not to bring too much. One or two examples of each discipline is more than enough, remember you only have a short time to impress them and they have no interest in looking at ten scripts or a twenty minute short film.

Advertisement