Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 network USB broadband modem is it good value

Options
  • 07-11-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I currently use BT for landline and broadband, no longer need landline (use VOIP instead)

Thinking of getting 3 network USB broadband modem is it good value ?

Any comments would be appreciated ;

cost of this service versus other bb providers without landline/with without NTL or Sky

Any users of this service - what kinda download speeds did u achieve, is it reliable

One final question ; the standard modem they use is usb, not mad about idea of having a usb modem/cable "hanging" out of laptop, prefer a PCMCIA version, if I use PCMCIA will this affect my speeds

Thanks Folks
    PS The package I'm thinking of is
    Broadband Plus 3GB

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Reviews are mixed and it depends on usage in your area, its also worth noting you won't be able to use VoIP on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Perhaps you should read this thread before you consider 3s 'broadband' http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Please for the love of god read the above thread, how you didn't see it in the first place is baffling!

In short stay well clear of Three!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

k123456 wrote: »
    I currently use BT for landline and broadband, no longer need landline (use VOIP instead)

Thinking of getting 3 network USB broadband modem is it good value ?

Any comments would be appreciated ;

cost of this service versus other bb providers without landline/with without NTL or Sky

Any users of this service - what kinda download speeds did u achieve, is it reliable

One final question ; the standard modem they use is usb, not mad about idea of having a usb modem/cable "hanging" out of laptop, prefer a PCMCIA version, if I use PCMCIA will this affect my speeds

Thanks Folks
    PS The package I'm thinking of is
    Broadband Plus 3GB

There is a nice price comparison here.

There is no difference in speed for the PCMCI or USB card, it's both technicaly performing in the same way on the 3 network.

I suggest you read the remarks here on the forum before you make a decision and utilize the trial periods on offer by the providers to see which is the right solution for you.

Advertisement