Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gullit For Galaxy

• 07-11-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

According to Sky Sports Gullit is on a plane to LA at the moment to take over at the Galaxy. They must have ridiculous money to throw around to legitimise american 'soccer'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

So thats one of the managerial appointments they were talking about at the end of the united match tonight.

Who was the other one? My sky internet service was cut off after they took the first ad break after the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Houllier for the Ireland job was the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Houllier for the Ireland job was the other

He's only using it as an excuse to get his name back in the headlines apparently, he wants a top half Premiership job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Call_me_al wrote: »
    According to Sky Sports Gullit is on a plane to LA at the moment to take over at the Galaxy. They must have ridiculous money to throw around to legitimise american 'soccer'

The Galaxy are a train wreck of an organization with Alexi Lalas calling the shots. One of his quotes for this week:
    "We're certainly interested in a high profile, sexy type of candidate"
    It will be tough for an outsider (coach) who doesnt know the ins and outs of MLS with all it's quirks like salary cap, senior internationals, designated players, the importance of the superdraft, east and west conferences, playoffs, generation adidas players, youth internationals, single entity ownership, non conforming with FIFA international dates, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Thank god, now he won't be punditing anymore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

FatherTed wrote: »

It will be tough for an outsider (coach) who doesnt know the ins and outs of MLS with all it's quirks like salary cap, senior internationals, designated players, the importance of the superdraft, east and west conferences, playoffs, generation adidas players, youth internationals, single entity ownership, non conforming with FIFA international dates, etc.

I understood about half of that.

What are generation adidas players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

according to the times:

Beckham's management company were involved in Gullit's recruitment and will supplement his wages.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Call_me_al wrote: »
    according to the times:

Beckham's management company were involved in Gullit's recruitment and will supplement his wages.

I would have thought that be a stange move by Beckham

Why would he give his money away?

kearnsr wrote: »
    I understood about half of that.

What are generation adidas players?

Adidas sponsors a few young players for a year or two in MLS and their salary doesnt count towards the team's cap. The likes of Bocanegra, Convey, Beasley and Tim Howard started out as generation adidas players(or Nike Project 40 as it was known then) when they joined their MLS teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Thank god, now he won't be punditing anymore
    so true, he really is shocking... just keeps talking about himself and how great he was (cheered on by Jamie Twatface - "I mean, Ruud knows...")

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Good move by galaxy if they do want to raise the micro leagues' profile, Gullit is a good manager and has lots of ageing superstar friends, watch for the influx of 30 something big names into galaxy

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Good move by galaxy if they do want to raise the micro leagues' profile, Gullit is a good manager and has lots of ageing superstar friends, watch for the influx of 30 something big names into galaxy

Only if they're willing to earn less than $300K/year like Xavier:
    http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

FatherTed wrote: »
    Only if they're willing to earn less than $300K/year like Xavier:
    http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

There is some shockingly bad paid players there but I assume they are very you and only starting off?

Advertisement