Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rabbits ears to Scart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭Homer

Composite is a completely different signal to "rabbits ears".
    What are you trying to connect to the TV? Are you trying to receive free to air TV stations such as RTE1, TV3, etc?
    It looks more like a computer monitor than a regular LCD screen.
    If that is the case and you are trying to plug a "rabbits ears" into it then it won't work. You'll need a TV tuner card in your PC.
    You can't convert from RF (rabbits ears) to composite or scart.
    Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yup , thats an LCD TV , and it only has a scart input , so its no good with rabbits ears , which are meant to be input into the RF " composite" input on some TV's ( this connection is fast disappearing I notice ...).

Asking for a Rabbits ears to Scart cable is going to get you laughed out of every shop in the country , seriously , so if you really need to tune that way then get a better brand TV with an RF connection.

Now , in all honesty , that is a brutal TV .... and it really is , I wouldnt spend 20 euro on it never mind 100 , its only 640 x 480 , how the hell your supposed to look at two documents with that res is beyond me unless they are plugging it as a separate monitor.

And rabbits ears must be the single worst way to look at TV in this country , you will spend your time waving them around like a lunatic trying to get a decent picture on a CRT , never mind this pile of junk.

My recommendation is to stay well away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The-Baron

mathias wrote: »
    Yup , thats an LCD TV , and it only has a scart input , so its no good with rabbits ears , which are meant to be input into the RF " composite" input on some TV's ( this connection is fast disappearing I notice ...).

Asking for a Rabbits ears to Scart cable is going to get you laughed out of every shop in the country , seriously , so if you really need to tune that way then get a better brand TV with an RF connection.

Now , in all honesty , that is a brutal TV .... and it really is , I wouldnt spend 20 euro on it never mind 100 , its only 640 x 480 , how the hell your supposed to look at two documents with that res is beyond me unless they are plugging it as a separate monitor.

And rabbits ears must be the single worst way to look at TV in this country , you will spend your time waving them around like a lunatic trying to get a decent picture on a CRT , never mind this pile of junk.

My recommendation is to stay well away from it.

Cheers for the help, same to you industria. TV's and the like are not my strong point, as I'm sure you can all tell. :D
    Ill ignore that TV like the plague then, I don't know why I thought this was a decent buy.
    Anyhoo, can anyone recommend a decent TV I could use as both a pc monitor and take in RF/Scart?

Cheers again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Anyhoo, can anyone recommend a decent TV I could use as both a pc monitor and take in RF/Scart?

Here are two , I have the second for the kitchen , its very very nice.

Shop around , you may find these models even cheaper , but take a look at the resolutions , that's what you should be aiming for ..

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=327271&view=detailed
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338804&view=detailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The-Baron

Cool, will look into them.
    Samsung one looks pretty sweet,
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement