Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

seat belt question

• 07-11-2007 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have bought a T4 van with a view to convert it into a surf bus.
    Been looking for one for the past few months and have finally bought a '99 swb 2.5td blue I.
    I would love to fit a rock n roll bed with seat belts.What i want to know is it legal to have rear seats and belts in a commerical van?would I have to register it as a passenger vechile.I dont think I can class it as a camper van as it dosnt have the 6 ft height clearance.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As far as I know, a commercial vehicle must not have seats in the load area (with or without seatbelts) ...you might get away with a flat bed area as long as you can call it a load bay (without the obvious cushions :D).

This is a bit of a minefield though. The proper way to tax a commercial with seats in the back would be as a car (and pay VRT on top of it) ...but you try and get passenger car insurance for a converted van ...nobody will give it to you.

Advertisement