Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain registrar question

Options
  • 07-11-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

i have a package with 1and1 and i have a domain registered with them also

however i want to move the domain to a new registrar keeping everything the same. if i keep the dns settings (set to 1and1) does that mean that everything will function without any interruption ?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

by everything, do you mean email and website functionality ?

Where is the site hosted, what exact services are 1and1 providing with your domain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

zabbo wrote: »
    by everything, do you mean email and website functionality ?

Where is the site hosted, what exact services are 1and1 providing with your domain ?

Yes i mean email and website - most importantly email (i have 1 account and 3 redirects set up)

1and 1 provide webspace and email package at moment

tnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

If your hosting and domain are purchased separate then you should be fine.

If your hosting is an add-on to the domain registration, if you stop registering your domain with them, then they may stop providing the add-on (especially if it's a free add-on). Try asking them?

Advertisement