Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 08-11-2007 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Since all these new laws came in and everyone on a provisional is rushing to take a test,
    I was wondering does anyone know the average waiting time in weeks it would take for a test to take place in Raheny?
    I know on the site it says the longest waiting time in weeks is 43 but is this the average?

I have to wait 6 months in anyway as I just got my license but I booked however. Would it be sooner than six months?

EDIT: Sorry can a mod move this to the "Learning to Drive" forum please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Got my letter yesterday informing me that I will get a date in 4 to 5 weeks time. Don't know how long I will have to wait then, it will be my second time. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm not sure how accurate the waiting times are. The site has been listing Cork as 28 weeks for the past year, but earlier this year newspapers were reporting that the waiting time was 10 months.

Not sure if it has gone down since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

My waiting time was to the week since i applied (17 weeks in Rathgar) its 15 weeks now.

Friday 2 weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I got a letter today myself just confirming the booking
    It also said that they will notify of my test date 5-6 prior to it

I'm nervous :(
    Are they really strict on these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

I applied for test in Cavan as there is shortest waiting time - 11 weeks. But is gone already 12 weeks and no signs from them. So I rang them today and they offered me to do test tomorrow in Ballymoon. That was so unexpected and I want to take couple lessons before test.So I got my test on middle December :) and I dont have to travel to Cavan. Who knows how long would I wait if would not ring them up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

call them up every week or so and ask for a test :D I heard nothing from them for 9 months, called them up yesterday and they offered me a test next wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got a letter from my employer so that will be posted off very soon in the hope of an earlier date. Its 26 weeks for Tallaght (not from there btw ;)) according to the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

This thread got me pondering about waiting times so I rang up the test centre, who told me I was outsourced, so I rang the outsourcing crowd and got offered a date for November 20th :eek:

I'm terrified and delighted in equal measures! Going out now to practise reversing round corners! :D

Advertisement