Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emporting from the states

Options
  • 08-11-2007 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Greetings O wise ones,
    the story......I want to emport products like sealers for stone and concrete,waxes etc to be used in the manufacturing of a product here in Ireland any Ideas on ...the cheapest way of shipping the stuff,Is it practical?will the duty kill me ?all ideas greatfully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

first learn how to spell :)
    The duty doesnt kill anyone.Just pay it and you will be nice and healthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ogill2000

let me tell you a story so that in future when you pass hurtfull and thoughless comments you might think again.three years ago i could not read or write I suffer from a type of autisim which prevented me from learning how to do it and quite frankly been able to comunacate is a great joy to me .so If my short comings offend you I am sorry,but I am sure a lot of other folks wont mind if i mispell here or there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ogill2000 wrote: »
    let me tell you a story so that in future when you pass hurtfull and thoughless comments you might think again.three years ago i could not read or write I suffer from a type of autisim which prevented me from learning how to do it and quite frankly been able to comunacate is a great joy to me .so If my short comings offend you I am sorry,but I am sure a lot of other folks wont mind if i mispell here or there
    I didnt mean it, I was only joking.Im not a genius so i shouldnt be slagging anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

get the dimensions/ weights of the pallet, shop around for the best sea freight quote, air freight will be out of the question.
    You will have to pay vat, duty, handling charges etc. on landing, no way around it. Although the weak dollar looks like a good bet for importation, with rising fuel prices, you will pay a lot for shipping plus the 5-6 week delay in bringing the product in.

My advice is to try and source from Europe if possible.

Advertisement