Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with Skoda Octavia1.4

Options
  • 08-11-2007 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,have a 06 Skoda Octavia 1.4 bought new and recently have heard a 'growling'type noise on accelerating from low speed and a 'knocking' noise from the rear when travelling at low speed and which seems to vanish when travelling on straight stretch at higher (80-100kpm) speed.Have checked that there nothing loose in the boot etc.that might account for the 'knocking'
    Anyone know of any forums for Skoda owners so I could see if theres a particular problem like this with them.I remember coming across a site ages ago but can't remember where.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why not just bring it back to a Skoda garage? It's still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

http://www.briskoda.net/ is the site i imagine you want, btw you could take it to your dealer whilst it's still in warranty and let them have a gander.....

^^beaten to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lennox1

Anan1 wrote: »
    Why not just bring it back to a Skoda garage? It's still under warranty.

Thankks Anan and octyvrs,its been back twice already this year re the growling and they told me the catalytic converter was the prob and they changed it.But its back again and the knocking noise is new.I will bring it back again to them but I would like to try and find out if these problems are particular to this car or am I just unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Insist on a complete fix to your satisfaction. If you can't get it from the dealer write a registered letter to the distributor stating your case.

Advertisement