Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New drink drive limit law?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Snarler wrote: »
    always well below the legal limit when I drive and I feel 100%.

The key word is feel here. What you feel and what is reality are completely different things. I feel that anyone who drinks and drives is a danger to our roads, no matter how small a drink it is. The evidence is there to prove it.

Our limit is high, by European standards.

I for once agree with the RSA, something does need to be done about our limit and the number of people drink driving.

IMO, the limit should be 0 mg/l. A lack of political balls is what is stopping it from happening. One of the popular myths is that things like cough bottles or other medication would put you above 0 mg/l for blood alcohol. Rubbish. Ask any doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

if any suspect roadside breath test is followed up by a scientific bloodtest back at the station, there would be very little room for error.

give people an inch (a half pint) and they'll take a mile (5 pints) and people die.

the people that drink 5 pints and drive will do so whatever the limit is set at its one thing the authorities seem to forget, i regularly have one pint at the start of the night and softies the rest of the night by the time i drive i would guess most of the alcohol is out by then but being tired at that point my tiredness would affect my driving more
    agree that proper enforcement of current law is the only way havent seen a guard out on the roads since random breath testing came in -- got tested on a mon. morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

Call me stupid if you have no point to make the simple fact is I am in the right.

you contend that driving after 2 glasses of wine, you're still under the limit. there is no way you are right, unless you wait several hours before getting in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Call me stupid if you have no point to make the simple fact is I am in the right.

You're not right. Any amount of alcohol affects your driving whether you can perceive it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

How many "non-alcoholic" beers would it take to go over the limit? Dunno about the others but Erdinger Alkoholfrei is still 0.5%.

• Advertisement
Advertisement