Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meshuggah

• 08-11-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

listen and love....

id love to say they;re the pinacle of their genre, but there's nobody else quite like them....awesome band, for those who dont know them check the album "destroy erase improve" amazing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Good band. Took me quite a while to get into them, but they really grew on me after a while. I don't have the album Destroy Erase Improve though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

:O get it! its use of polymetres isnt as extensive as later albums, tho its still there, while still maintaining some of the more thrashier elements of early Meshuggah.
    my favourite early Meshuggah riff however - i HAVE to mention - is on the preceeding EP, and thats the 5/4 part in Humiliative, when the guitar kicks in. one of the all time great headbanging riffs.

top albums, in no particular order, Nothing, Catch 33, and Destroy Erase Improve. i'm still not mad on I :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Chaosphere is terrific, some memorable Meshuggah moments like New Millennium Cyanide Christ and Concatenation. Serious riffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Had a listen to the special edition of nothing there today, good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Fantastic band, hard to get bored of them, they're so different from any other metal band at the moment. Can't wait for the new album, supposed to be coming out january, apparently called "obZen"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

yeah "I"was the 1st album i heard and i wasnt likin it, nearly put me off them 4 good...

wats different on the special edition "nothing" "catch 33"is whopper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

choasphere was the first thing i bought by them because i heard of them supporting tool in the states (with fantomas, mad lineup!). bought it purely because i wanted to hear them and because the cover was cool. have everything they've done ever since. fantastic band

Advertisement