Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff From The States?????????

Options
  • 08-11-2007 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

anybody know if its hard to get actions and barrels sent over from the states
    i was looking on midway and they have a good selection of remington actions at decent money
    i was looking for somthing in the .243 caliber for foxes and deer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

There's a thread here started by Clare Gunner (we still miss you CG) on that very topic.

Do a search for it and you should learn all you need to know,

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

A long and somewhat difficult process , there are a couple of dealers that will handle the paperwork re the export licence , the guy we tracked down was in
    Idaho , he charged a fee of $100.00 to process the documents with a 10 month delay from the initial contact to receipt of the firearm , alot of work ,endless phonecalls and not really worth the hasssle.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

:eek::eek::eek:
    there is an awful lot or work involved in that
    i didnt expect it to be easy but lordy me
    would you get actions easy in IRL,Uk or Europe

If you look at it it would cost alot of money between ph calls time wasted and shipping and you still have to get a decent gunsmith to put your dream gun together

i was thinking of buying an old rifle with a decent action and getting it reconditioned but was wondering of the cost of this also,and also the problem of finding one i have searched a good few dealers but with no such luck

Thanx for the advise anyway lads if any of you know of anything in europe that would sell these please let us kno

sorry DB
    am only after realising that thats a uk site

my boo :rolleyes:

thanks for that
    i will let all know how i get on thanks again for the advise plus if any other sites let us know please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Have you tried John Greene in Waterford ?

Have you tried John Greene in Waterford ?

no havent ventured that far im in the north east it would be a hell of a trip
    does he have a web site or a telephone would do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

no havent ventured that far im in the north east it would be a hell of a trip
    does he have a web site or a telephone would do

He builds rifles etc 086 3554425, 051 379806 don't think he works mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭durandal01

I don't think Midway US or UK export abroad.
    I've used these guys with great success,
    http://www.e-gunparts.com
    But for barrels and actions you will need an import licence.
    They are a great bunch of lads to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

durandal01 wrote: »
    I don't think Midway US or UK export abroad.
    I've used these guys with great success,
    http://www.e-gunparts.com
    But for barrels and actions you will need an import licence.
    They are a great bunch of lads to work with.

+1 on that, great for ordering bits and pieces but as durandal01 says need to start jumping through the hoops for anything other then that though!

• Advertisement

Yeah i e-mailed midway uk there and they dont sell actions and they only sell to registered firearms dealers i have to go to rimfire magic and talk to them but i didnt see anything on the site, ill email them and see what they have to say.
    Ill try that gunparts.com and see how i get and on let all know
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

He builds rifles etc 086 3554425, 051 379806 don't think he works mondays

he works mondays alright but does most of his machine work on that day.
    Also i can confirm to-day that john has just recently recieved the contract for midway.ie which he hopes to have up and running on the 1st of february 2008,but as for buying rifle actions,barrels it is definitly not allowed to the general public unless you are a firearms dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

recieved the contract for midway.ie which he hopes to have up and running on the 1st of february 2008,

Good news.

that is good news
    ill give him a ring tuesday or so and ask him

thanks with all the help lads and for the number ill get back on in time and let all know the story

Advertisement