Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish issue

• 08-11-2007 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi all I recently bought 4 fish, I was told they were Apistogramma species, then a friend of mine whos an expert on dwarf Cichlids told me they are definatly not Apistogramma, but a juvenile of a much larger cichlid. So am I within my rights to return them to the pet shop and demand a refund??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Jimkel wrote: »
    Hi all I recently bought 4 fish, I was told they were Apistogramma species, then a friend of mine whos an expert on dwarf Cichlids told me they are definatly not Apistogramma, but a juvenile of a much larger cichlid. So am I within my rights to return them to the pet shop and demand a refund??

If your friend is correct & you have researched it (Google the scientific name & compare the photos to the fish) and you are happy they are not what you asked for, then if it were me I would be returning them.

Lets put it this way, if you ordered a pint of Guinness & got a pint of Murphys would you return it?

TJ911...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Would that not be a 'fissue'? :D

(I'll get my coat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 georgina

I would say you are entitled to go bring them back. What is the point in having a fish that may grow very big if you dont have the space for it and may eventually result in the fish dieing from stress OR worse, you having to cull it!

Your call!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Thanks guys gonna return it today, Ill let yall know if it all goes er... swimmingly

(Ill also get my coat)

Been to the petshop, replaced fish without any problem, got a load of cardinal tetras to add to my shoal. :) and a female apistogramma macmasteri.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Jimkel wrote: »
    a female apistogramma macmasteri.

Where did you get this? I've been looking for a female for ages...

LovelyTom wrote: »
    Where did you get this? I've been looking for a female for ages...

Hiding behind a peice of bogwood in a tank an whakers, Parnell street.
    the guy didnt even know he had any left untill I pointed it out to him. He was certain it was Macmasteri because he recently sold a tank full of the "sunburst" strain of Apistogramm Macmasteri. This one was put in a sick tank because it had whitespot or something, anyway it lived in a cave in the bogwood and so was forgotten about, Its not a sick tank anymore, and the all the fish were in good health in the tank. If I post a pic can you tell me if Its definatly Macmasteri?

PS if you really want a female I know a breeder who just might have a few;)

Advertisement