Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Christmas tree ??

Options
  • 08-11-2007 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Yeah they are going up already, can you believe it ? Putting them up early in shops is one thing but I saw one up in an apartment in Chapelizod on Tues evening. Thats Tues 5th of Nov.

Is this the first or has anyone seen one before now ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Please tell me you are joking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Wish I was but it's there alright !

I asked the guy I was dropping off, was it a student house or something, thought they might be doing it for kicks. But he said they were just an ordinary family....or had appeared to be normal up to now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You supply the address, I'll supply the grenade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

OMG - that is just madness - i know the shops have started but really a house??? MADNESS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

The lights have gone up on Wicklow st already.There not turned on but fook me,it makes the already short year shorter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Christmas stuff was lying around shops before Halloween started.

I thought it was bad enough when Christmas frenzy started mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

DebiBootsiSpencerHams Collective (hive-mind that now owns all the shops in Dublin City centre) seems fairly quick on the draw whipping out the old xmas bull**** out of the cupboard. Was in Jervis St. Centre and saw the "halls" are decked with tacky looking plastic stars of no religious affiliation. Makes me want to whip out my wallet...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Appartently theres a house in North Drogheda that has a tree up since before Halloween:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Appartently theres a house in North Drogheda that has a tree up since before Halloween:eek::eek:

Jesus, are peoples lives so humdrum that they've nothing else to look forward to between October and the end of the year? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Judging by the traffic, the annoying ads all over the TV and the crap in the shops, it seems Christmas has begun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

I'm a traditional girl. Nothing remotely Christmassy before the 8th of December.

People who have their trees up now are just tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Saw one on the 4th in my area. Nobody else that mad yet thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭roy123456789

This is the Balcony of a flat on Cuffe street Dublin taken last Saturday
    cuffe-street.jpg

Advertisement