Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Advertising

• 08-11-2007 7:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Just interested on your thoughts & comments on TV Advertising.

Does it really work?

I am looking into a heavy advertising campaign to launch a new product in 2008 and I have looked at various stats etc from each main tv & radio station regarding their audience figures blah blah blah. That's all well and good quoting how many millions of people watch Corrie or Eastenders but how many people stick around for the ads?

Isn't that the perfect time to make a cup of tea or go to the loo? Also, with the increase in popularity of Sky+, I wonder how many people just record their favourite shows or movies then fast forward through the ads?

TV is probably one of the highest costing advertising outlets......is it worth it?

Do you watch the ads?

Maybe I should just concentrate on a radio & print campaign?

Edit: Also, can anyone recommend an Irish company that produce radio commercials? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Keefg,

You probably are no beginner in marketing and you know that it really doesn't matter if I watch your ads as I am a 23-year-old lad greatly interested in marketing and watching every commercial second; while you might be targetting builders or truck drivers who are totally different.

As you made this decision to go on TV and radio, you have probably done a serious and deep research into your target group and you know exactly that the huge amount of money you are going to invest in 2008 will definitely come back in terms of increased sales and profits.

From this I am assuming that you must be targetting people of all customer groups without any particular specification... Or have you picked several targets and you know exactly what kind of TV and radio programmes you are going to advertise in?

Marketing is not about wasting money, it is about investing - yes, it is possible. And I have seen companies with little budgets spent wisely and getting over 200% sales increases.

Please, make sure that you get things right before you invest tons of money - I've just came across a company who spent €64,000 on advertising and got 4 sales from that each worth €1,100!

Talk to your previous customers, ask them questions, analyse their habits, their needs and wants and make sure that you are speaking their language!

Maybe you would like to tell me more about your product, your customers and the campaign you are planning to launch.

Simona Rusnakova

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Keefg. Get your self a media agency: http://www.iapi.ie/list.html

It is the job of the media agency to show you the best touchpoints for reaching your consumers. TV advertising is good for some products and bad for others and any media agency worth its salt will be able to tell you that. A media agency should also be able to steer you in the right direction as regards getting radio spots made up. Might be best off going with one of the bigger Irish agencies.

Advertisement