Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry book

Options
  • 08-11-2007 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,
    I don't know if anyone can help but it's worth a shot.
    A friend of mine entered a poetry competition around 1993/1994 and her and many others won,the prize was to get her poem published in the book .
    I'm going to try get a copy of this book as a present for her as she's never seen her poem in this book.
    The problem is i'm trying to keep it as a surprise and i no nothing about the book other than it was for some antology book in that year.
    The competition would have probably been for children and was open to Ireland and the uk.
    I know it's a long shot but maybe someone here entered the same competion and could tell me the name of the book.
    Any help apreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Have you tried googling your friend's name and seeing if it comes up on any book/library sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Hi john,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I tried that but to no avail:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I was hoping it might appear. Can you ask one of your friend's relatives for more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You could try the poetry society to see if they would know...
    http://www.poetrysociety.org.uk/content/competitions/npc/

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Hi ,
    i've tried your suggestions but no good i'm afraid,
    Looks like i'll have to get one of their friends to help.
    I appreciated the help though.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement